Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Alfs favorite food!?

If your ALF-related post does not fit into any of the other forums, or you do not know where to put it, this is the place!

Moderator: Administration Team

shreddinghead
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1993

Alfs favorite food!?

Post by shreddinghead »

Well, Alfs favorite food is cats, of course this is well known to all the alf fans out there. What's my real question is has it ever been officially stated? I know alf states that cats is his favorite dish in my norwegian version, Alf for Norge, of Siegfried Rabe's ALLES uber ALF. However, i don't really know how official that is. Does anybody here have any solid facts?
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Re: Alfs favorite food!?

Post by samstokes80 »

This is a good question. I don't think it is ever explicitly stated that cats are his favorite food, it is just heavily implied by many comments about craving cats, etc. According to Kate, ALF's favorite meal is "everything with everything on it."
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by samstokes80 »

By the way, on a side note - it is never even implied that ALF ever ate a cat after coming to Earth. In fact, it is always mentioned specifically that he did not actually eat a cat on instances when you might suspect he did, such as on his March 2nd transformation when he broke out of Willie's cage - he says that he doesn't think he ate any cats because he doesn't feel bloated. When he goes on a diet and reverts to his primal instincts, he is such a bad hunter that he is never able to catch a cat.

The closest thing you see to ALF eating a cat is in the flashback on "Help Me Rhonda" where he orders a cat omelette. He doesn't have a chance to eat it, though, because he is called to battle stations.
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

yeah, I don't think it was ever officially stated that Alf's favorite food is cats, but it is heavily implied throughout the series. even though we never see him really eat a cat, I'm pretty sure he as, at least when he was on melmac since they serve almost everything with cat in it. but we never seen him eat a cat on earth either because the tanners won't let him or it would be too gruesome for younger audiences.
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

shreddinghead wrote:Well, Alfs favorite food is cats, of course this is well known to all the alf fans out there. What's my real question is has it ever been officially stated? I know alf states that cats is his favorite dish in my norwegian version, Alf for Norge, of Siegfried Rabe's ALLES uber ALF. However, i don't really know how official that is. Does anybody here have any solid facts?
You're Norwegian? Cool, I'm Swedish!

Could you explain the bigger sized sentence I quoted you on above? Is that a book?
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
robodog
Cat Wrangler

Post by robodog »

I doubt they'd ever have Alf actually catch and eat a cat onscreen. It's one think to joke about it and reference the fact that they eat cats on Melmac. But actually showing Alf catching and devouring a cat would be too gruesome. They're walking a fine line making jokes about killing and eating cats as it is since animal cruelty is a sore subject for some. I think they did a good job of making Alf's craving for cats funny without making him unsympathetic or making the idea too offensive.
Meddle not in the affairs of animatronic beasts for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source
shreddinghead
Cat Wrangler

Post by shreddinghead »

ALFicionado wrote:
shreddinghead wrote:Well, Alfs favorite food is cats, of course this is well known to all the alf fans out there. What's my real question is has it ever been officially stated? I know alf states that cats is his favorite dish in my norwegian version, Alf for Norge, of Siegfried Rabe's ALLES uber ALF. However, i don't really know how official that is. Does anybody here have any solid facts?

Could you explain the bigger sized sentence I quoted you on above? Is that a book?
Yes, i am norwegian. :D Maybe, something got lost in translation, if so i apologize. Perhaps a more visual approach will explain it better.
Image The norwegian book.
Image The original german book by Siegfried Rabe.
I suppose it's translated to swedish to.
shreddinghead
Cat Wrangler

Post by shreddinghead »

robodog wrote:I doubt they'd ever have Alf actually catch and eat a cat onscreen. It's one think to joke about it and reference the fact that they eat cats on Melmac. But actually showing Alf catching and devouring a cat would be too gruesome. They're walking a fine line making jokes about killing and eating cats as it is since animal cruelty is a sore subject for some. I think they did a good job of making Alf's craving for cats funny without making him unsympathetic or making the idea too offensive.
Perhaps not, but they sure were close though. Image :lol:
robodog
Cat Wrangler

Post by robodog »

I wonder if Alf would actually eat a cat raw like that. I love fried chicken but I can't see myself going out and eating a live one. Cats are basically the Melmacian equivalent to cows and chickens. Then again we are talking about an alien species. Melmacians may have no problem with eating live prey and they might not have to worry about the health problems humans have to when eating raw meat. Things like Salmonella and E Coli may not effect them.
Meddle not in the affairs of animatronic beasts for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source
shreddinghead
Cat Wrangler

Post by shreddinghead »

robodog wrote:I wonder if Alf would actually eat a cat raw like that. I love fried chicken but I can't see myself going out and eating a live one. Cats are basically the Melmacian equivalent to cows and chickens. Then again we are talking about an alien species. Melmacians may have no problem with eating live prey and they might not have to worry about the health problems humans have to when eating raw meat. Things like Salmonella and E Coli may not effect them.
Alf will eat about anything, and anything cat. :lol:
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

shreddinghead wrote:
robodog wrote:I doubt they'd ever have Alf actually catch and eat a cat onscreen. It's one think to joke about it and reference the fact that they eat cats on Melmac. But actually showing Alf catching and devouring a cat would be too gruesome. They're walking a fine line making jokes about killing and eating cats as it is since animal cruelty is a sore subject for some. I think they did a good job of making Alf's craving for cats funny without making him unsympathetic or making the idea too offensive.
Perhaps not, but they sure were close though. Image :lol:
what is ironic about this photo I think this scene was cut from this episode when it got syndicated because I don't see this scene, you see him holding the cat, but not placing the cat inside the bread slices. also ironic it becomes a cat lover in this episode.
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

shreddinghead wrote:
ALFicionado wrote:

Yes, i am norwegian. :D Maybe, something got lost in translation, if so i apologize. Perhaps a more visual approach will explain it better.
Image The norwegian book.
Image The original german book by Siegfried Rabe.
I suppose it's translated to swedish to.
cool! you have a norwegian ALF book! I bet that was really hard to find.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

shreddinghead wrote: I suppose it's translated to swedish to.
Nice book! Never seen that one here, we have a similar one translated from German here in Sweden, you can read about it and see a pic at the bottom of this page: http://alfanatic.webs.com/ALFComicsMagazines&books.htm
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
shreddinghead
Cat Wrangler

Post by shreddinghead »

ALFicionado wrote:
shreddinghead wrote: I suppose it's translated to swedish to.
Nice book! Never seen that one here, we have a similar one translated from German here in Sweden, you can read about it and see a pic at the bottom of this page: http://alfanatic.webs.com/ALFComicsMagazines&books.htm
Thanks. I'll look into it.