Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Chris Gethard - Career Suicide

If your ALF-related post does not fit into any of the other forums, or you do not know where to put it, this is the place!

Moderator: Administration Team

samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Chris Gethard - Career Suicide

Post by samstokes80 »

So, some you all might remember Chris Gethard, the comedian that posted some videos in 2012 after there was announcement that Paul Fusco was looking into making an ALF motion picture. In the videos, he enthusiastically expressed how much he wants to have a role in the film.

Anyway, I had noticed the guy here and there making occasional appearances on TV programs and such, and just last night I noticed that he has a stand-up special on HBO called Career Suicide. I watched it, not really sure at all what I was getting into, but it was really incredible. It was not so much a standard stand-up comedy format, but more of a recollection of his life and struggles with career and depression. It was very meaningful and interesting, and also had very funny moments. Definitely worth a watch!

Frankly, I wasn't sure what to think about him after the 2012 YouTube videos. As I said at the time, I thought the comedy in those videos was pretty dark compared to ALF, but now I'm really rooting for him to be in the movie! (assuming it ever gets made, of course)
TESTMACORONI
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 2000

Re: Chris Gethard - Career Suicide

Post by TESTMACORONI »

Sounds good, I should check it out
"Oh, that's just nuclear waste for my spaceship. Hey, don't worry. Life on this planet will exist as long as that little lid doesn't pop off..."
"...Oh, wait a minute. These are my crayons."
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Re: Chris Gethard - Career Suicide

Post by Admin »

Sounds interested, will need to check that out. Here is the HBO link for those interested:

https://www.hbo.com/specials/chris-geth ... er-suicide
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com