Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

New ALF from the US circa 1986

Are you new here? Post a thread about here so we can get to know you a little better!

Moderator: Administration Team

NoProblem86
Asteroid Polisher
ALF Fan Since: 1986

New ALF from the US circa 1986

Post by NoProblem86 »

Hi All - I just joined the ALF forum and am disappointed it took me this long to do so. Here's a little bit about me. I am 39 years old, and loved ALF from the season premiere on 22 September 1986. I was 13 and in 8th grade. Every Tuesday, we talked about the episode that aired the previous night. ALF was wildly popular for his first two years and I taped nearly every single first run episode. I lost interest in ALF midway through Season 3 and stopped watching altogether by the last. Then I realized what a mistake I had made and started recording all the episodes I missed once syndication started in the fall of 1990. Little did I realize that those first run COMPLETE episodes would be such rarities. We loved ALF all over again after 1990, but hated watching the syndicated shows because I knew where segments were missing.

I did not realize how much ALF was loved worldwide until visiting friends in the Netherlands in 1997, and they said ALF was wildly popular there. They never missed an episode, which seemed like ancient history to me, some shows being over a decade old.

I am actively converting all the first run shows to DVD and would be very interested in trading shows with other ALFiles. I have most of Seasons 1 and 2, plus a few from Season 3.

Can't wait to get back into Mr. Melmac again.

Thanx all!

- Paul Iverson
Phoenixville, PA
"Before you get up for that final snack, I want you to know I'll be right back. HA!"
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Re: New ALF from the US circa 1986

Post by Admin »

Welcome to the forum!

Good luck with the conversion. I too am eager to get around to converting my tapes (original airings w/commercials), but time is always the obstacle.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
NoProblem86
Asteroid Polisher

Post by NoProblem86 »

Thank you much. The conversion is going well. I am a professional editor so I may get extra brave and rent the Lions Gate DVDs via Netflix and mix in first-runs episodes where a syndication edit exits.

Watching the show now so extensively, I am actually surprised it last as long as it did. The basic idea had a relatively limited shelf life. How many times can the Tanners hide ALF from everyone? The introduction of brother Neal was really the end. Had the fifth season taken place, Neal would have been removed.
"Before you get up for that final snack, I want you to know I'll be right back. HA!"
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Welcome to the forum! The full seasons are available on DVD in Germany, you could always get those to have the real thing :)
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
NoProblem86
Asteroid Polisher

Re: New ALF fan from the US circa 1986

Post by NoProblem86 »

I have a question about the German releases.
- Is Season One's "Try to Remember" in its original format (electrocution) or censored "fall)
- Is Season Two's "Somewhere Over the Rerun" complete with all music?