Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

1996 Newsletter

Looking for licensed ALF merchandise? Post what you want here where another forum member may be able to help you.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

1996 Newsletter

Post by ALFsince86 »

Hi folks--

I am looking for a 1996 B & W fan newsletter/fanzine that you could order online in 1996 for the tenth anniversary of ALF. It did not have many pages (about like an ExtraTerrestrial Times). This was printed on regular stock (not glossy) and had art from fans, a comic strip, etc. As far as I know it was a one-shot (not a continuing series). I had one, I don't know where it is now and haven't seen it for a decade (at least). Please let me know if you can help.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Re: 1996 Newsletter

Post by ALFicionado »

I don't think I've ever seen it n Ebay. Definitely sound like a very rare and cool item to have in your collection.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

I was not even aware this existed. Hope someone has it and is willing to post it!
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by samstokes80 »

Let me know if you get a hold of this. I would love to get some more information about it and write an article for the ALF Wiki.
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011

Post by ALFsince86 »

I wish I had more information to give about this item. Honestly, I was hoping one of you would say: "That's me! I published that!" I am surprised someone who would put together something like that wouldn't be on the ALF boards.

I can't remember what any of the articles were about, even though I'm sure I read it cover to cover a couple of times (x 10). I absolutely remember a cartoon strip and I'm pretty sure if featured ALF and Willie. There may have been some buzz or a review of "Project ALF". I'm pretty sure it was an unofficial publication. Sometimes I have tried to find it on eBay but it has never surfaced. The internet was new and maybe people weren't searching for entertainment topics like they do now? Perhaps a very low quantity of these were published which makes me all the more frustrated that I didn't keep it.
Iggy
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Iggy »

Haven't heard of this newsletter but it would sure be interesting to see it.

This year would be the 25th anniversary of Alf, right? Maybe we could try making a new anniversary newsletter. Seems there are a lot of fans around the site nowdays so it might be worth a shot.
On the 82nd day of Christmas my true love gave to me 81 cats a-Broiling, 80 cats a-Baking,
79 cats a-Toasting, 78 cats a-Boiling, 77 cats a-Sizzling, 76 cats a-Poaching...
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

This year would be the 25th anniversary of Alf, right? Maybe we could try making a new anniversary newsletter.
Already in the works :)

Hmmm...perhaps I've said too much :lol:
Iggy
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Iggy »

Really?! Great news, do you need help with anything?
On the 82nd day of Christmas my true love gave to me 81 cats a-Broiling, 80 cats a-Baking,
79 cats a-Toasting, 78 cats a-Boiling, 77 cats a-Sizzling, 76 cats a-Poaching...
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

Figured I would bring this post back...anyone ever come across this newsletter? I have been desperately searching for it...with no success to show for my efforts. :(