Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

wanted Alf Voice box

Sell and trade licensed ALF merchandise in this forum.

Moderator: Administration Team

Alfer
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1987

wanted Alf Voice box

Post by Alfer »

I recently purchased a talking ALF by Coleco and the voice box sounds rather high pitched to me. I don't suppose any of you lovely people out there would have one? i suppose i could just buy another plush doll but i'll look around first.

heres a video of the doll. sounds ok on this video mine sounds like he's a little high pitched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DICd9AwMfBw
Burglar: [examines ALF] Must be one of those talking dolls.
ALF: Oh, yeah? Ever had a talking doll rip out your voice box?
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Re: wanted Alf Voice box

Post by ALFanatic »

Alfer,

The voice box in your "Wisecracking ALF" should have a slide control that needs to be periodically moved to adjust pitch and tone of ALF's voice. Upon installation of new battery, ALF's voice is usually high pitched and speedy, but can be adjusted accordingly with slide control. As battery wears down, ALF's voice beocmes lower pitched and slower with adjustment again necessary. Also, if voice box has not been activated for some period of time, initally when activated ALF's voice often will be low pitched and slow; however, with repeated activation of the voice box speed and pitch of ALF's voice will move towards normal, so long as there is adequate power remaining in the battery.

Hope this information is of help to you.

Mike
Alfer
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1987

Re: wanted Alf Voice box

Post by Alfer »

You know i read about this somewhere.

I just checked and the slide control is to the far left which i presume is the best place to have it? pushing it to the far right makes him sound super high pitched. It doesn't sound too bad just a little high pitched. I compared him to a youtube video thats why i thought something was wrong with him.

but it is a new battery maybe he will sound better after time.

over all though the alf i bought is in great condition :)

Thanks for the info Mike i was going to buy another one just for the voice box.
Burglar: [examines ALF] Must be one of those talking dolls.
ALF: Oh, yeah? Ever had a talking doll rip out your voice box?