Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

FS or T Alf Plant Vase Candle Holder? Statue

Sell and trade licensed ALF merchandise in this forum.

Moderator: Administration Team

Enternal
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1987

FS or T Alf Plant Vase Candle Holder? Statue

Post by Enternal »

Hey guys, I stumbled across this at a yard sale the original owner was so happy that I recognized it. He said his kids were making fun of him for putting it out there and that no one would want it, that he should have thrown it away. Well I semi rescued it as I was hoping someone would take it off my hands here before it goes on ebay.

I looked around and have not seen exactly what this is. I thought it was a plant holder, my GF says a vase, and my friend thought it held a big candle lol.

It seems to be designed as one piece, as the figure doesn't come off. I noticed that there were banks, cookies jars, and figurines that were similarly cast.

I try to pick up Nintendo games at yard sales, or things that I can trade/sell towards completing my collection. So older Nintendo stuff is what I would be interested in trade and offer for the sell price.

Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Re: FS or T Alf Plant Vase Candle Holder? Statue

Post by Admin »

I have no idea what it is, but may be interested in buying it. What were you thinking as far as price?
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by samstokes80 »

Interesting! I've never seen one of these before. Does have any marking on it to indicate the year or company that produced it?

My guess is that it is a desktop paper weight with a cup to hold pencils and pens, but I could be wrong.
Enternal
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1987

Post by Enternal »

You know, each time someone told me what they thought it was, I thought it made more sense than the last. And now pencil holder seems the most accurate. As far as asking price, if you don't have any old games to trade. This is going to be odd, but think about what price you're happy about paying that's fair to me and It i'll probably take it. Although we don't collect the same things, I understand the feeling of seeing something new in the market, or getting a good deal on something for your collection. So yea just what you think is fair.

I didn't see any maker mark, but I'll check again when I get home. Remember this thing is pretty heavy its ceramic so I'm guessing around 10-12 to ship.
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

PM sent :)
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

I've seen one of those figures being sold separately before. I think there's a cookie jar with the same look.

Either way, nice item and Mark, spot on with your guess! I can't see it being anything else.

If my kids ever say something like that about my ALF stuff, I'll ground 'em! :lol:
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
D-ALF
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by D-ALF »

Yo! Was this ever sold! Let me know! :D
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

I purchased it from the buyer. It's pretty neat actually - whatever it is, I plan to use it as a pencil holder when I move into my new office in August.