Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

What if Disney buys ALF?

If you are creating an ALF story feel free to post it here for other fans to read and comment. Fan art belongs here as well. Only constructive criticism is allowed is allowed in this forum.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFShumway865
Cat Wrangler

What if Disney buys ALF?

Post by ALFShumway865 »

I was thinking, what would happen if Disney buys Alien Productions? I actually hope they do, so that ALF would get more publicity and maybe Disney would release the DVDs uncut?

Nick
ALF will rule the world!
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

You know, I kind of agree with you there. On the Disney Family channel here in Canada when they aired ALF which was stopped 2 years ago, they used uncut episodes. That is the channel that got me back up to date with ALF. It could be very beneficial if Disney bought ALF.
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
ALF Fanatic
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALF Fanatic »

It is highly unlikely that Disney will ever buy the rights to ALF.
LordHelmetJr
Cat Wrangler

Post by LordHelmetJr »

I doubt they would do so when they already have the rights to the Muppets, who would give them 10 times the revenue. Plus, I don't think it would be the best thing for Alf's character, as I have deep reservations Bob Iger would have him remolded into a super-politically correct and family friendly figure, which is not what Alf is supposed to be. So no, I don't think Fusco should sign him over.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Re: What if Disney buys ALF?

Post by ALFicionado »

ALFShumway865 wrote:I was thinking, what would happen if Disney buys Alien Productions? I actually hope they do, so that ALF would get more publicity and maybe Disney would release the DVDs uncut?

Nick

I JUST thought about that myself, or mor elike "Why didn't Disney buy the rights to ALF?"

I don't know if they should do that now, for the same reason the most recent poster gave.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALF Fanatic
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALF Fanatic »

I wander though if it is a good idea to sell ALF to Disney. I have to ask a couple questions: one will Disney air ALF uncut on one if its cable channels? Two, will it distribute DVDS better? If the answer is no in either question, then I wouldn't want Disney to buy ALF.
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by ALFsince86 »

I don't think it would be good for ALF to be representated by Disney. Look what happened to the Muppets? Maybe it's just because of video games and special effects, but it seems like the Muppets faded when Disney took over. Sometimes it's better to be a legend--think of the Munsters. They don't have a huge amount of publicity, but most people know where they are and have seen the show. It would be nice to see ALF regain the spotlight again. I think the best way would be basically ALF Series II, where he would be living with Lynn or Brian and her/his family. The only thing I would change, and why I think the series went off the air, is have ALF get out more. Perhaps he has been revealed to the world and is welcomed, but elements out their want him gone (more drama).
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

I actually JUST read that Disney laid a bid on ALF, but that Lorimar were the highest bidder.

Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

I actually JUST read that Disney laid a bid on ALF, but that Lorimar were the highest bidder.
Did you read it online or in a magazine? I'd be very interested in reading the article.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALF
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2005

Post by ALF »

Yeah, same here. It would be a very cool thing to read. How old is it?
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

No problem! It was a trivia fact that I read on Imdb.com, here's the link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090390/trivia

ALF
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2005

Post by ALF »

Wow, pretty cool! Thanks!