Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

chapter 3 is up

If you are creating an ALF story feel free to post it here for other fans to read and comment. Fan art belongs here as well. Only constructive criticism is allowed is allowed in this forum.

Moderator: Administration Team

Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

chapter 3 is up

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

in case anyone is interested, just finished chapter 3 of my ALF fanfic. to fare warn you all, this one is really long, so might take you a while to read it. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8914688/3/A ... -red-skies
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Re: chapter 3 is up

Post by samstokes80 »

Good work. I just read chapters 2 and 3. I particularly enjoyed the race - very exciting segment.

A couple of tips:
A little extra proofreading will improve readability. There were a few spelling/grammar things here and there. Here are a few spellings that came up more than once that you'll want to correct - "hangar" is the correct spelling for an aircraft bay, a couple of times you wrote "integrate" when it appeared to mean "interrogate," and there were a few instances where you wrote "your" and meant "you're." Of course, spell-check wouldn't catch any of these.

Also, I know you're going for a more serious story, but I feel like Gordon should wisecrack a little more. I think of him as wisecracking every other line or at least every third line. Of course, that's your call, but I think even in the most serious situations, Gordon can't help but to drip sarcasm.

Keep up the good work. You obviously have a clear idea of the story that you are telling, and it comes across well.
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Re: chapter 3 is up

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

thanks for reading! :)
yeah, I did proof read it, but since it was such a long chapter, I still tend to miss stuff and yeah, I know my grammar and spelling is not the best,thanks for pointing that stuff out though
yeah, this story is going to be more serious, but yeah I get what your saying, maybe I made him a bit too serious, more wisecracks would fit him more. thanks fore the review!
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!