Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

ALF Radio Drama

If you are creating an ALF story feel free to post it here for other fans to read and comment. Fan art belongs here as well. Only constructive criticism is allowed is allowed in this forum.

Moderator: Administration Team

Suburban_Sensei
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1991

ALF Radio Drama

Post by Suburban_Sensei »

So, I had an idea today, not sure if its maybe already been posted on here or tried in the past; how would you guys like to maybe band together and do an ALF radio drama? What got me thinking about it was the fact that as a kid I had a cassette tape about ALF playing detective and being suspicious of Mr. Litwak (what I would give to find a recording of that tape online!) Really, I just want to relive those days and have some "new" adventures to listen to with the old ALFer. Anyways, it just seems like it would be a fun little project to do as a community of dedicated ALF fans. I love writing stories, so I would love to put some input into aspects of the story, but is anybody here a wiz with sound equipment (a little less bass, a little more treble, a smidgeon of static)...now we just have to decide who will be block captain. Until the movie comes out, this may be a fun way to pass time and let us all get a little creative.
ALFreak
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: ALF landed on earth

Re: ALF Radio Drama

Post by ALFreak »

Now THAT would be awesome! We could select a few good writers to do each episode. We would, of course, need good voice talents for ALF and other characters.
What kind of storylines were you thinking of? Mysteries, Comidies, things more like the sitcom, or a mix of the three?
Maybe it could all take place after the events of Project;ALF. He could be an Ambassador for Earth, and he could tell officials (probably at NASA) about other planets that he knows of, and they could venture off to those planets and explore them, often causing trouble for the planet's natives. They would be trying to solve Earth's problems, such as global warming and littering, in some episodes. Doing this in audio only could help make much larger storylines, as a narrator could simply describe where ALF (or others) is going.
I love this idea, i would really like to help out with it!
Oh Yeah? Well, You're a Wienier!
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

yeah, I think this is a really good idea too! it would a good way to get a lot of ALF fans involved in a community project. really interesting to see some new stories ideas from this. I'm not really sure what I could do, but I love to participate! :)
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by samstokes80 »

Sounds fun. I could help with some writing and the audio editing.

It will be a little tricky to piece together since we would be recording the voices separately, but it can certainly be done.
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

I think it's a terrific idea. I'd love to help about writing although I'm not a real writer myself (just a critic :D ).
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !
Suburban_Sensei
Cat Wrangler

Wow, I love the warm reception this idea is getting! As far as who does what, and what the stories will be about, we have plenty of time to all talk and brainstorm. As far as story goes, we could always pick up where Project: ALF left off to keep it chronological, or we could have fun little one-off stories based on when ALF was with the tanners. Like I said in my first post, the idea came to me when I was thinking about that old cassette tape I used to listen to as a child about ALF being a detective, so yeah a mystery story could always be fun. I agree with Sam about the audio being tricky, since whoever does the voices wouldn't be really speaking to eachother in real time. Maybe we could keep supporting cast to a minimum, and focus mainly on the listener hearing just ALF, music, and sound effects. Again I am so excited to see people excited for this, maybe if we start getting serious about this we can perhaps start brainstorming over Skype or some other messenger or at the very least just start to PM/e-mail eachother.
ALFreak
Phlegm Dealer

Post by ALFreak »

Suburban_Sensei wrote:Wow, I love the warm reception this idea is getting! As far as who does what, and what the stories will be about, we have plenty of time to all talk and brainstorm. As far as story goes, we could always pick up where Project: ALF left off to keep it chronological, or we could have fun little one-off stories based on when ALF was with the tanners. Like I said in my first post, the idea came to me when I was thinking about that old cassette tape I used to listen to as a child about ALF being a detective, so yeah a mystery story could always be fun. I agree with Sam about the audio being tricky, since whoever does the voices wouldn't be really speaking to eachother in real time. Maybe we could keep supporting cast to a minimum, and focus mainly on the listener hearing just ALF, music, and sound effects. Again I am so excited to see people excited for this, maybe if we start getting serious about this we can perhaps start brainstorming over Skype or some other messenger or at the very least just start to PM/e-mail eachother.
I'd totally like to help brainstorm ideas, as i love writing stories and whatnot. I think we could possibly do two separate shows; One that takes place back at the Tanner's, and one that takes place after Project:ALF. Maybe we could all meet up on a messenger, like you said, on a certain night.
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

yeah, I could totally help with brainstorming ideas too since I like writing stories too. I like ALF with the tanners idea better, as for the continuation after project ALF, not sure how that could work, but I guess that leaves it open for a lot more ideas. yeah, the voice acting might be tricky, unless we can get really good voice actors.
ALFreak
Phlegm Dealer

Post by ALFreak »

Here's an idea-What if the stories were about ALF's times in the Orbit Guard?
ilovealf88
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: around 2000

Post by ilovealf88 »

Making an ALF radio drama sounds like a cool idea. I'd like to be involved but I'm not sure what I could do to contribute. Maybe I could help with story ideas or attempt to come up with jokes for ALF to tell.
ALF: I had a cousin. Pretty Boy Shumway. If he didn't like your shoes...
[imitating gun sound] "ak-ak-ak-ak-ak."
Willie: He'd shoot a person because he didn't like his shoes?
ALF: No. He'd just point at you and go, "Ak-ak-ak-ak-ak."
Suburban_Sensei
Cat Wrangler

Now is a perfect time to start planning and throw some ideas around; see what sticks.
ALFreak
Phlegm Dealer

Post by ALFreak »

We should plan to all meet up on here at a certain time, to discuss plot ideas and whatnot.
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

yeah, we should all meet up on a online chat site, like skype or AIM messenger.
Suburban_Sensei
Cat Wrangler

Yeah we could meet in the chat room here or like you said maybe start exchanging Skype screen names.
ALFreak
Phlegm Dealer

Post by ALFreak »

If anyone is good with this animation program called 'Flash', we could make the series into an animated show, too. :D
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

ALFreak wrote:If anyone is good with this animation program called 'Flash', we could make the series into an animated show, too. :D
I'm pretty good with flash, I took some animation courses when I was in college. :)
BountyHunter
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: the beginning

Post by BountyHunter »

I would set this in between the animated series and the sitcom. Although, life after Project: Alf would be fun too.

I wouldn't mind writing an episode, and doing a voice over. I've done a couple of Star Wars audio dramas, and they were fun.
ALFreak
Phlegm Dealer

Post by ALFreak »

BountyHunter wrote:I would set this in between the animated series and the sitcom. Although, life after Project: Alf would be fun too.

I wouldn't mind writing an episode, and doing a voice over. I've done a couple of Star Wars audio dramas, and they were fun.
That 'in-beetween' idea is great!! We could have his adventures in space, in his ship. Maybe he could be looking for good new homes on other planets, and occasionally causing trouble for the planet native because he doesnt know much about that planet's customs and whatnot. Eventually, maybe he could get mixed up with some sort of evil planet, and he can try to shut them down. They could have some sort of spaceship battle, and they could shoot out one of his ship's ingines and send him hurdling toward earth, which would lead into the sitcom. This is going to be a fun progect, if we are able to get it off the ground, which can be pretty difficult...
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

yeah, that does sound like a pretty interesting idea to do stories about his adventures in space before he crashed landed on earth. love all the ideas you guys are coming up so far. :)
Suburban_Sensei
Cat Wrangler

Some really interesting ideas! I like the idea of even doing a few different era's maybe. Sticking with a Radio-Drama idea, I think doing stories may be good, because we wouldn't have to worry about sounding EXACTLY like The Tanners, since ALF wouldn't have met them yet. I feel like if we used any of the characters from the show we know he was friends with (Skip, Rick, Rhonda, etc.), they would be a bit easier to imitate since they sound more over-the-top. Also, if we are spending time on Melmac, we could even make up some of our own characters, but have a STRONG focus on ALF. Anyways, that's just my two cents, but I am so ready to start getting the ball rolling a bit on this with anybody else interested.

Skype SN: prof_ho11ow

Feel free to hit me up on Skype, and we can start really moving forward with ideas. This will take a while to fall into place, but as ALF fans, I think we owe it to ourselves to have fun and make up the stories that never were told. So lets all have a fun time with this, and it will keep us busy until the movie comes out!