Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

it's finally done!

If you are creating an ALF story feel free to post it here for other fans to read and comment. Fan art belongs here as well. Only constructive criticism is allowed is allowed in this forum.

Moderator: Administration Team

Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

it's finally done!

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

it's finally finished! I finally finished the first chapter of my alf fanfic story.
to note, it is very similar to the first episode of the animated series because at first I had no idea how to start this story, so i figured that was a good way to get it going, of course I changed a bit of it to fit more into my storyline. don't worry, the next chapter will have more originality into it. hope you enjoy it anyway!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8914688/1/A ... -red-skies
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Re: it's finally done!

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

okay, what gives? I've had people interested in my story, but now that I posted it, it seems no one has read it. is it that bad? if it is, please tell me so, I don't mind, any constructive criticism is welcome. it will help me decide if I should continue or scrap this.
of course, if everyone is really busy at the moment, I can understand.
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Hi there,

I do apologize - I still have not had time to read your story (my forum time has been limited as of late). I will definitely make an honest effort to read it in the near future though (my apologies). Same applies to Sam's episode 3 (the Star Trek fanfic)...I still haven't gotten to that either :(
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by samstokes80 »

Ninjadragon, I know exactly what you're going through. As a composer and a writer, I know that it is very difficult to get people to commit the time to experiencing your works even though you spent considerably more time creating it. Don't let it discourage you. Keep creating.

I did start reading your story and got through the first several paragraphs. It was a busy week with the semester beginning, so I'll need a little more time to get through it, but I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm, and I'll be happy to comment further once I get through it.
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

I had some time to read your fanfic this morning. Overall, I liked it!!! The characters were very real to me and their exchanges sounded natural. One recommendation I do have though - parts of your fanfic read nearly identical to an existing episode (where roll call is being taken and Gordon's not there yet - his mom wakes him up at home, and he later crashes his spaceship into the wall in time for roll call). Might something different or reworked fit in there?
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

samstokes80 wrote:Ninjadragon, I know exactly what you're going through. As a composer and a writer, I know that it is very difficult to get people to commit the time to experiencing your works even though you spent considerably more time creating it. Don't let it discourage you. Keep creating.

I did start reading your story and got through the first several paragraphs. It was a busy week with the semester beginning, so I'll need a little more time to get through it, but I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm, and I'll be happy to comment further once I get through it.
okay, sorry if sounded a bit pushy, but just a got a little upset that day no one seem to read my work, but good to hear you at least started in reading it. I can relate to having tight time schedules too, some days I have no time at all to go on the internet, i only have time to come to this forum in the evening, even then it is brief. so yeah, again, I can understand some of you have busy lives.
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

Admin wrote:I had some time to read your fanfic this morning. Overall, I liked it!!! The characters were very real to me and their exchanges sounded natural. One recommendation I do have though - parts of your fanfic read nearly identical to an existing episode (where roll call is being taken and Gordon's not there yet - his mom wakes him up at home, and he later crashes his spaceship into the wall in time for roll call). Might something different or reworked fit in there?
thanks for reading it! as I said in my earlier post, the first chapter is kind of similar to the first episode of the animated series, only because I had trouble finding a good way to start this chapter, but don't worry, this is probably the only time i will ever do this in my writing, next chapters will more original.