Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

A Suggestion Please Read

If you are creating an ALF story feel free to post it here for other fans to read and comment. Fan art belongs here as well. Only constructive criticism is allowed is allowed in this forum.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: 1986

A Suggestion Please Read

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

I propose that some of us pair up and write a script for an ultimate ALF reunion. You post ideas, lines, characters, things not to have and we will create a list and then after a while we shall compose all that into one script. Proposition #1: Ignore "Project ALF".
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Re: A Suggestion Please Read

Post by ALFicionado »

Well, to me, Project: ALF is still canon, so I'd have a hard time ignoring it.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

Yeah it is cannon but it is god awful and that ending is horrible. It is impossible to continue from there.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

ALFIsMyIdol wrote:Yeah it is cannon but it is god awful and that ending is horrible. It is impossible to continue from there.
I had some problems with the movie, mostly with the ending perhaps, but I didn't find it god-awful. There's definitely more stuff that can be written for ALF with that ending, Paul Fusco intended there to be more adventures him after Project: ALF, after all.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

I don't know. I taught it was bad all over. The acting was all right but the story is a down-right flop. The ending sucks too. :(
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by samstokes80 »

You know, I personally don't see any problem with the idea of creating an alternate timeline for ALF. I was pretty disappointed that the Tanners got written out of the story, and I certainly would have liked that to be different. I think if you would like to imagine a different ending of the story - or a continuation - that is just fine. Of course, you could do like the new Star Trek movie, or like Douglas Adams often does, and explain away any incongruity with canon with some sci-fi plot device, like a temporal incursion that creates an alternate reality.

Anyway, I probably wouldn't be able to contribute to something like this right now, because I am studying for my general exams which take place in August, but if you'd like to send me some stuff to read over, I'd be glad to give you some comments.