Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Which Film Should ALF Get a Cameo Appearance In?

Is there something in particular you are dying to know about? Poll your fellow members and find out!

Moderator: Administration Team

Poll ended at Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:54 am

Star Wars (1977) (during the Cantina scene)
No votes
Legally Blond (during freshman arrival scene)
No votes
Nutty Professor (1963) (during the Purple Pit scene)
No votes
any of the "Scary Movie" films
No votes

Total votes: 0

ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by ALFsince86 »

What are your thoughts on a film that should feature ALF? Any ideas? I would love to see him in anyone of these motion pictures.
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

I would say no to Star Wars (because ALF is better in the "comedy" genre) and would say no to Scary Movie as well (because I don't really care for them, in my opinion they are gross, rude, and inappropriate for young age groups).

The Nutty Professor OR Legally Blonde would've been cool!
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by ALFsince86 »

I can see your point. I do think it would have been cool to see him in the "Star Wars" cantina about to take a bit out of a cat (you know, the way he held Lucky by the scruf of the neck).

I would probably go with the Nutty Professor, too.
MR. Littwack
Cat Wrangler

Post by MR. Littwack »

Well, ET is in the background for a cameo in Star Wars: Episode 1. I think ALF should be in the cantina scene of the origianl Star Wars: episode 4
"I think that guy Littwack is building an A-bomb in the basement"
QueenofMelmac
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by QueenofMelmac »

Would be weird to see him in the simpsons movie lol

Something like Scary movie would be perfect for alf just to show up when people least expect it. Didnt Dave Chapelle have alf as a cameo? lol
"You are getting sleepy. You... are no longer a cat. You are a bagel. "
MR. Littwack
Cat Wrangler

Post by MR. Littwack »

I'm not sure about chapelle. I know the show the edge had a bit with ALF.

For anyone who doesn't remember, as the show was only on for about 5 minutes, the edge was a show much like mad tv or SNL. Fox had it on primetime in the 90's.

Anyway, they would have a bit that would pop up between segments where they would say what a celebrity was doing "right this minute" which would then lead to the joke. I'll give a couple of examples:

"What Davy Jones (of the Monkees) is doing, right this minute." They then cut to a Jones look alike tied to an organ grinder with a cup in hand singing "Hey, hey I'm a Monkey"

"What Michael Jackson is doing, right this minute" Cut to Michael seen from behind in a plastic surgeons chair while the doctor works on him with a circular saw.

Okay, you get the idea. Well, one of these had "What ALF is doing, right this minute" They then cut to a dumpster below a garbage shoot as a plush ALF falls from the shoot into the dumpster.

As much as I love ALF, I laughed my butt off when I saw that.
MR. Littwack
Cat Wrangler

Post by MR. Littwack »

Here is an idea, I'm not sure why this didn't come to me before. ALF would have been a natural on Mystery Science Theater 3000. Either on the show or in the movie. He could have joined the cast and Riffed the heck out of those movies along with Mike and the bots!