Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

What kind of ALF movie would you rather like to see?

Is there something in particular you are dying to know about? Poll your fellow members and find out!

Moderator: Administration Team

The prequal
36%
Following the events of Project: ALF
64%

Total votes: 14

ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Most of you know that Paul Fusco is working on an ALF movie, taking place on Melmac and leading up to the planet blowing up with ALF eventually landing on the Tanner's garage.

If you could choose, would you like to see this movie happen, or would you rather have a movie where we get to follow him after the events of Project: ALF?
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

Based upon the growing old age of ALF movie rumor, I am not planning to hold my breath awaiting the arrival of any future ALF movie.

Mike
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

I myself would very much like to see both of these storylines happen in a movie, but if I had to choose just one to be made, I'd have to go with following the events of Project: ALF.

I would like the movie to involve ALF trying to find the Tanners or something, maybe ending with him finally finding them. I didn't like the fact that the Tanners got stuck in Iceland for the rest of their lives.

QueenofMelmac
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by QueenofMelmac »

Omg wait...Theres going to be another alf movie??? Why didn't I know this????? Right now Im on the last episode of alf..then Project Alf.....Are u telling me theres gonna be a movie AFTER project alf?? WHEN!!
"You are getting sleepy. You... are no longer a cat. You are a bagel. "
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

QueenofMelmac,

Easy, Easy! I would not start making popcorn and buying snacks, for the rumor of new ALF movie has been circulating for a long time without any action. We can only hope and pray for the future.

Mike
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

QueenofMelmac, if you could choose, which storyline would you prefer seeing ALF in a movie? Put your vote in ;)

QueenofMelmac
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by QueenofMelmac »

LOL

You're going to make me have to choose?

Well I haven't seen Project Alf yet. I'm up to the last episode of the last season and I'm holding it off. I'd love to see the events leading to the explosion of Melmac. I think that would be awesome.

I don't even know what Project Alf is about. I don't want to read the back of the DVD bc that might give the last episode of the series away....even though i basically know what happens.
"You are getting sleepy. You... are no longer a cat. You are a bagel. "
MR. Littwack
Cat Wrangler

Post by MR. Littwack »

I posted something like this in another topic. I would like to see a movie taking place after project ALF. ALF could go in search of the Tanners as stated above. I would like to see his adventure in finding them.

Also as another main plot for the same story, what if another alien race was planning on invading the earth. A race that ALF had encountered and tangled with as a member of the orbit guard. ALF could then be earths only hope to defeat them. So, agents are then sent to track him down wherever it is he has caught up with the Tanners.

A little out there I know, but it would throw in some action with the comedy. Just to top it all off, the agents sent to find ALF could be Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan from the Rush hour movies. Put all those elements together and you would have a pretty funny action/comedy.
"I think that guy Littwack is building an A-bomb in the basement"
melmac_alf
Phlegm Dealer

Post by melmac_alf »

I agree with mike, due to the rumors being so old, I don't think there will be a movie. If you think about it, the talk show didn't last long, and I'm not sure a company would pick up alf.
I haven't seen Project Alf myself, so I can't really vote. I think that before the explosion would be to much like the cartoon in a way, and alf said a lot about melmac in the show, so who knows.
mongoose
Asteroid Polisher

Post by mongoose »

I think that Project ALF was a great ending and provided closure for the series. An attempt to tell a story after the events of Project ALF would be difficult, and hard to accept (from a fan's perspective). Not much can be done.

A prequel would be interesting .....

But isn't that essentially ALF the anmiated series?
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

mongoose wrote:I think that Project ALF was a great ending and provided closure for the series. An attempt to tell a story after the events of Project ALF would be difficult, and hard to accept (from a fan's perspective). Not much can be done.
I disagree, the only great ending an perfect closure for ALF would be him being reunited with the Tanners again IMO.
mongoose wrote: A prequel would be interesting .....

But isn't that essentially ALF the anmiated series?
No, the animated series never showed how he escaped his planet blowing up and eventually landing on Earth, so it could be very interesting.

ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

AxelFoley,

The Tanner family is past history never to return (except maybe by possible mention), even if ALF should someday make a comeback. Get over it.

Mike
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

Sorry Mike but no can do, I disagree with you there. It's not too far out there with a similar story-idea that I have mentioned before, the Tanners doesn't even need to be seen on screen.

twangle

Re: What kind of ALF movie would you rather like to see?

Post by twangle »

I myself would rather see a prequal to the beginning of alfs story on earth. That would be a project an a half.
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Post by ALFan »

It's hard to say because I would like to see what it was like for ALF before his planet blew up,but I would also like to see what it was like for him being Ambassador of the Universe.
-ALFan-
twangle

Post by twangle »

In my mine is the beginning of an era thats about to join earth and i would love to see what happens in the sequense before earth was even apart of the factor of this story.
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

Something I just thought about, wouldn't it be very expensive and time consuming to have a movie set on Melmac? All those extra puppets and time it would take for each scene, plus the whole new setting on a new planet and things that to us would be new. Maybe following the events after Project: ALF would be an easier task, and sound better to studio-heads.

Gordo
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Gordo »

From a puppetry point of view, it wouldn't be a big deal to do ALF on Melmac (or some other planet), the problem is just getting someone to pick it up because ALF's history isn't something everyone remembers now. The whole first few minutes of "Help Me Rhonda" were a test of whether ALF back on Melmac would work, it did, just they decided to do it animated because ALF was so successful and the sitcom was still on air.

It would have been great to see more episodes with Skip, Rhonda or more flashbacks back to ALF's time on Melmac. In the 3rd and 4th season that might have been a better idea than having the birth of Eric and doing the whole thing of Lynns boyfriends and her moving out. It might have been cool seeing ALF, Skip and Rhonda staying at the Tanners, maybe while the ship was fixed or whatever - then done the whole thing about ALF wanting to go back with them (again).
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

Well, I'm sure it would be more work alltogether, creating these puppets, remember they are on a planet filled with Melmacians.

Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

is he actually planning to do this?
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel