Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

How Many People Met and Interfaced with Alf?

Is there something in particular you are dying to know about? Poll your fellow members and find out!

Moderator: Administration Team

DTutah
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1987

How Many People Met and Interfaced with Alf?

Post by DTutah »

I am going back through the 4 seasons of the ALF sitcom (for the umteenth time) to make a count of how many people there were who met and interfaced with ALF. There were more than most of us fans realize. Some people saw him, such as 2 of the 3 monks at the monastery, but only one monk interfaced with him with signs such as putting his finger to his lips to indicate "Hush, this is a silent order." Another example of those who did not interface with ALF was in a Christmas special where many adults and children in the hospital when Mr. Foley showed up with the cart of toys to give away. In that episode, only Tiffany, Mr. Foley, and the lady who had the baby in the elevator actually talked with ALF.

Let's see who can be the first to come up with an accurate count of the other people who interfaced with ALF.
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Re: How Many People Met and Interfaced with Alf?

Post by Admin »

Welcome to the forum!

Does the sculpture of ALF (made from mashed potatoes) count? :lol:

Sounds like a fun project! Please let us know what you come up with.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

Interesting. :)

Welcome to the forum!
twangle

Post by twangle »

Some seen alf and some just let it go as if it didn't happen like the bum that tried to sell alf to the goverment.
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

DTutah,

As ALF might say, "You really need to do something more stimulating."

Welcome to the Forum.

Mike
DTutah
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by DTutah »

I thought up this project of counting the number of people who actually interfaced with ALF mainly because I have so much time on my hands, and ALF is by far my favorite sitcom. I have seen the 4 seasons on DVD probably 12 times in the past 2 years. Yes, I guess this means I don't have much of a life. I have Tourette Syndrome, OCD, and other medical problems that keep me confined to my home much of the time; so watching the ALF episodes boosts my spirits. When I start watching an episode, I almost feel as though I am part of the Tanner family.

I wish they would do an ALF reunion episode. I would love to see how the cast members look now.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

I wish they would do an ALF reunion episode. I would love to see how the cast members look now.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!
Yeah. And you're welcome. :)
twangle

Post by twangle »

Theres always the uncle that died in the back yard when he popped in on alf
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

There are a few pctures of them from the time after ALf, there's no pictures that are recently taken, I think.
DTutah
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by DTutah »

Here are the results of identifying those who saw ALF:

- When family goes camping, two yokels see ALF, and he talks to one of them.
- Burglar breaks into Willie and Kate’s bedroom. ALF says something to him and scares him away.
- ALF meets blind Jodi.
- ALF meets Kate’s mother Dorothy.
- ALF meets Willie’s friend who is a psychologist.
- Luis, a runaway boy, stays overnight with the Tanners and meets ALF.
- ALF shows up at Halloween party at the Tanners, approx 9 people (not including the Tanners) are there.
- Mrs. Ockmonek sees ALF who has been picking avocados. She goes on a talk show and is made fun of. Later ALF rigs up her TV and he appears onscreen and talks to her, saying that she really did see him.
- ALF stays with 3 monks at a monastery.
- When Willie and AFL hop a freight train, Gravel Gus asks, “Who wants some beans?” When ALF says, “I do,” the hobo jumps off the train thinking that ALF is a “loose kangaroo.”
- ALF meets Jake Ockmonek who is living next door. They become friends.
- Uncle Albert sees ALF in a tent and falls over dead when ALF asks, “Would you like a cookie?”
- Laura, one of Kate’s three college friends, stay with the Tanners overnight, and talks to and drinks margaritas with ALF.
- In ALF Christmas special, ALF befriends the dying girl Tiffany, delivers a baby in an elevator, and talks George Foley out of committing suicide.
- In a Thanksgiving episode, ALF meets Flaky Pete Flannigan, a homeless person who turns ALF into the Alien Task Force only to change his mind later.
- ALF meets Aaron King, a new neighbor who rented a house next to the Ockmoneks. ALF thought that Aaron was Elvis Presley.
- ALF is taken prisoner by Betty who ran a travelling freak show. ALF read an article in a tabloid paper where Betty claimed to have an alien living in her home; so ALF thought it was his cousin Blinky. Betty’s husband Nick let ALF go when Willie came in to find ALF.
- ALF met Willie’s brother Neil who was in a few episodes. ALF hitched a ride to Las Vegas with Neil’s would-be bride.
- ALF met Dorothy’s husband Wizzer.
- ALF met Bernie, Jack, Rebecca, and Louise Beaumont at a retirement home. ALF went there to take a picture of the former actress Ms. Beaumont.
- When ALF goes on a crash diet, he reverts to his primitive hunting instincts and drives Kate’s care to Griffith Park where he was going to hunt meat. He threw a spear at a homeless man who warned Willie that “the little guy” was mean and mad.
- In the last episode, ALF is surrounded by several Alien Task Force men where he says to them, “Hey, guys, want to grab a brewski?”

Fantasies and dreams
- ALF dreams he is on Gilligan’s Island and meets Gilligan, MaryAnn, the Skipper, and the professor.
- In season 2, ALF fantasizes that he was caught and is in a lab. He talks to the lab worker. Also, he hosts a talk show (like Letterman).
- When ALF is hit over the head with a croquet mallet, he sees his guardian angel who shows ALF what it would have been like if he had never met the Tanners.
- ALF sits in for Johnny Carson and shows lots of flashback scenes and interfaces with Ed McMahon. Guests on the show are Dr. Joyce Brothers, Joan Embry of the San Diego Zoo, and the Pope. In the flashbacks, there were two scenes that were cut from the DVD sitcom episodes. One scene was in a room with Brian and Kate and ALF pulls on a rope and part of the ceiling falls. The other scene is when a go-cart looking thing that ALF put together from a lawnmower and other parts took off and ran into the wall in the living room.
- When ALF wanted to be a comedian, he dreams about being a hit comedian, and then hits the bottom. The Tanners search for 10 years to find him.

That is roughly 45 people who talked with or in some way interfaced with ALF. Then there were dozens more people who only saw ALF, such as several adults and children in the hospital lobby when Mr. Foley wheeled in the toys with ALF sitting on top acting like he was a toy animal, the animal shelter man and a girl and her father who were looking for a pet, two men at the retirement home who saw ALF sneaking onto the property, etc.
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

DTutah,

Although obvious, seems that the Tanner family (Willie, Kate, Lynn, and Brian) should be added to your list.

Mike
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Post by ALFan »

DTutah, I might be wrong, but when you said ALF met Aaron King, you didn't put that under Fantasies and Dreams. I think that was a dream.

Welcome!
-ALFan-
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

Trevor met him in a dream.

People in the dream in "Jump" episode.

Tanners should really be on the list.
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

Plus all those people in a dream in the club during "My Back Page"
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !
cyrexti
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1980

Post by cyrexti »

Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

^ Welcome to the forum!
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

I just created an account on the wikia so i could add people to this list..

Virginia Russell and other people in retirement home - Guest Stars - GOOD

but someone removed it lol
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by samstokes80 »

Thanks for helping with the Wiki.

Concerning the episode "When I'm 64," the Wiki currently lists Louise Beaumont, Jack, Bernie, Rebecca, and the 2 men that saw ALF outside of the Sunset Villa retirement home. If you could explain to me who Virginia Russell is, I can double-check this myself.

Thanks!
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

well, turns out it was me who made the mistake, haha.

Frances Bay who played Louise Beaumont, was credited as 'Virginia Russell' for her role in that episode on her IMDB page.
Must be a typo.

ALF (TV series)
Virginia Russell
– When I'm 64 (1990) … Virginia Russell

my mistake.
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by samstokes80 »

No problem. That is odd about the IMDB page.
Thanks for helping with the Wiki!