Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Your Favorite ALF Episode?

Is there something in particular you are dying to know about? Poll your fellow members and find out!

Moderator: Administration Team

Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Your Favorite ALF Episode?

Post by Admin »

Hello, a few months ago there was a poll about your favorite season of ALF - so now, what is your FAVORITE episode of ALF (no particular series).

My top episodes are from the sitcom:

1) Looking Through the Windows - I just die laughing throughout this episode, his Sammy Davis Jr. impression is just to die for. I almost fall out of my chair laughing when ALF breaks into the Ochmoneks.

Willie: He broke into the Ochmoneks, he went through their drawers!

ALF: I didn't break in, I used a crow-bar.

...and it's alot of the little things too, like the neighbor (Mr. Litwack, however it's spelled) building an atomic bomb in his basement, the story of the boy who cried wolf, etc. that just adds alot of effect to that episode.

2)Come Fly With ME - the talking toaster says it all!

...and one of my all-time favorite scenes from ALF is when they go on a camping trip in the camper:

ALF: Hey Willie, how about you let me take over the controls for awhile?

Willie: YOU don't know how to drive!

ALF: I drove through the COSMOS didn't I???

Willie: You crashed into our garage!

ALF: You see any garages out there???

Sorry to keep rambling on and on in the post everyone (it's my "once-a-month" thing - of course I'm a male so it doesn't mean what you think it does). Notice my bagillion ALF quotes - people say I use a ton of ALF quotes at work too - and since I don't work w/Scott (co-creator of the website) anymore I have absolutely NO ONE who understands then, except all of you of course. Okay, I'm done posting now :D
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

I never watched an ALF episode that I didn't like - HA! Seriously, far and away my favorite episode of the original ALF TV Series is "ALF's Special Christmas". Although ALF - the TV series never won an emmy, this two-part episode alone deserved to win several emmys.

"ALF's Special Christmasl" should be an annual one hour Holiday special broadcast by one of the major TV networks with none other than ALF as host.

Mike

Post by Guest »

I couldn't possibly just pick one so I'm going to narrow it down... One of my favourites has to be 'Don't it make my brown eyes blue' just because of that video... And I've always secretly known that he made that video for me. :D

There are many in my 'favourites' list and I suspect if I wrote them all down and why you'd get VERY bored! :)
Chris Fulmer

Post by Chris Fulmer »

"Baby, You Can Drive My Car" has long been a favorite of mine. The premise works quite well, and the thought of Alf careening all over the Los Angeles freeway system in a Ferrari (sorry, Ferris Bueller, but there's a new king of Ferrari cool) is hysterical in its own right. Add to that wonderful jokes, like Alf's recurring "Joel is in the Springs," line and the fact that every Motel 6 in the L.A. area seems to (improbably) be having a beekeeper's convention, and you've got classic (and above average) sitcom mix.
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

Chris Fulmer,

Your ALF addiction is way beyond "Guest" status. If you have been waiting for an invitation, here it is. I invite you to join us as a registered member on the Forum. As a Forum member, you will have a record of all your posts, so that you can chart the progress of your ALF addicition.

Mike
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

"Baby, You Can Drive My Car" has long been a favorite of mine. The premise works quite well, and the thought of Alf careening all over the Los Angeles freeway system in a Ferrari (sorry, Ferris Bueller, but there's a new king of Ferrari cool) is hysterical in its own right. Add to that wonderful jokes, like Alf's recurring "Joel is in the Springs," line and the fact that every Motel 6 in the L.A. area seems to (improbably) be having a beekeeper's convention, and you've got classic (and above average) sitcom mix.
Definitely a great episode - I liked how ALF crashed into the Tanner's garage for the second time.

ALF fixing Willie's car at the end of the episode was one of the best endings out of all of the episodes (in my opinion).
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
Crazy_M
Cat Wrangler

Post by Crazy_M »

Hi Mike (if I can call you mike), sorry that guests post was mine, I didn't realise I wasn't logged in at the time. :?
You Say I'm Crazy As Though It's A Bad Thing!?
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

Crazy_M,

You may call me Mike or ALFanatic, whichever you prefer; however, just make sure you never forget to call me for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Mike
Crazy_M
Cat Wrangler

Post by Crazy_M »

I dunno about being Mike, but if I didn't know better I'd say you were either ALF himself or just trying to get free food. :D
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

Crazy_M,

If you would happen to see both ALF and me eating at the same table, they way to tell us apart is that I am taller and my feet are smaller.

Mike
Crazy_M
Cat Wrangler

Post by Crazy_M »

Me and ALF are nearly the same height :D hehe
ALF
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2005

Post by ALF »

My favorite episode so far (I've only seen up to The Gambler) is also Looking Through The Windows (the one where Mr. Ochmonek "kills" Mrs. Ochmonek) :lol:

I love the part where ALF says, "Why am I so curious?", pulls up the curtains, and sees Mr. Ochmonek staring back at him with an evil grin on his face! Then he wakes up from his horrible nightmare, looks around, and again sees Trevor staring back at him with the exact same expression on his face, but this time standing right next to him.

In what season is the Christmas Special? Is it ON the DVDs?

Also, if you look closely at The Gambler, the intro is different!
ALF Fanatic
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALF Fanatic »

ALF wrote:My favorite episode so far (I've only seen up to The Gambler) is also Looking Through The Windows (the one where Mr. Ochmonek "kills" Mrs. Ochmonek) :lol:

I love the part where ALF says, "Why am I so curious?", pulls up the curtains, and sees Mr. Ochmonek staring back at him with an evil grin on his face! Then he wakes up from his horrible nightmare, looks around, and again sees Trevor staring back at him with the exact same expression on his face, but this time standing right next to him.

In what season is the Christmas Special? Is it ON the DVDs?

Also, if you look closely at The Gambler, the intro is different!

The Christmas episode can be found on the season two DVD set. It also can be found on the ALF Files DVD.
ALF
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by ALF »

I also like "Baby, you can drive my car". It's hilarious! :lol: I like the part where Brian says, "Whoa, ALF left rubber!"
ALF
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by ALF »

Whoops, I forgot to mention "Try to Remember", the one where ALF loses his memory and thinks he's Wayne Schlagel from Michigan Life & Casualties. :lol: Do you think he really lost his memory or was he just pretending?
ALF Fanatic
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALF Fanatic »

ALF really did lose his memory in "Try to Remember". Also, this is one of two episodes where the orginal opening credits in intact. I always get a laugh when ALF tries to get his hands on the pie and Kate slaps him. That's the worst about these syndication cuts.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

There are so many, but one of my favourites is absolutely ALF's Special Christmas. ALFanatic is right when saying that it deserved a cuple of Emmy's. It didn't even get nominated, that's sad. It's a beautiful episode, it's both sad and funny, a very hard thing to mix and succeed, which this episode did very well.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
artemis_kunzite
Phlegm Dealer

Post by artemis_kunzite »

Episode 13: Mother and Child Reunion

Kate: Alf, you can't comeback to house because, my mum is going to be here until tuesday

Alf: let her stay in the garage!!

Kate: well, i can't let my mum sleep in the garage!

ALf: OH RIGHT!! LET THE MUTANT SLEEP IN THE GARAGE

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL1
ak
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by ALFsince86 »

My favorite episode of ALF has to be the hour long Christmas Show from 1987. I remember our local NBC station in Dayton OH playing that around Christmas even after ALF was cancelled.
QueenofMelmac
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by QueenofMelmac »

The christmas one was my least favorite. Only because Alf just wasnt funny. I dont like when funny, sarastic shows do serious episodes. Its boring and out of character. I wouldn't go back and watch that episode again like the others. My favorite episode or episodes are with Kates mom...whats her name, i forget. but Alf and her just made a great team. i love watching them interact.
"You are getting sleepy. You... are no longer a cat. You are a bagel. "