Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Your Favorite ALF Episode?

Is there something in particular you are dying to know about? Poll your fellow members and find out!

Moderator: Administration Team

ALF
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2005

Post by ALF »

I seemed to like the Christmas episode, because of the touching story it had. And it was true too.
ALF
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2005

Post by ALF »

Also, my favorite episodes are now "Stairway to Heaven" and "Like an Old Time Movie". :D
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Re:

Post by ALFicionado »

QueenofMelmac wrote:The christmas one was my least favorite. Only because Alf just wasnt funny. I dont like when funny, sarastic shows do serious episodes. Its boring and out of character. I wouldn't go back and watch that episode again like the others. My favorite episode or episodes are with Kates mom...whats her name, i forget. but Alf and her just made a great team. i love watching them interact.
I think the reason you gave for not liking the episode is one of the reasons why it's so beloved. I love it when shows do these kind of things, it shows us that the characters are very human as well, like the rest of us. Seeing that side of ALF was refreshing and very, very touching. It may not be as funny as some of the other episodes, but I can definitely live with that due to the high quality in every other departments this episode had.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
twangle

Re: Your Favorite ALF Episode?

Post by twangle »

My favorite episode is most likely going to be the pilot episode. you see alf for the first time. I loved it when alf came out. Ill never forget the first episode as long as i live.
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

twangle, have you seen the un-aired Pilot episode (not the one they aired on TV) on the season 1 DVD set? I like that one!

:lol: Looks like Eddie Munster...lol
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Post by ALFan »

I actually like that one more than the original aired pilot.

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' on the river :lol:
-ALFan-
twangle

Post by twangle »

I haven't seen it because i only have 2-4. :cry: . but im heading for a new collection of the dvd set. :D
ALFreak
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: ALF landed on earth

Post by ALFreak »

Hope it's OK to reboot an old thread like this :) .

My two favorite episodes are

*Suspicious Minds
I like this one because of the great writing, but btw i'm not really an elvis enthusiast :?

*Unaired Pilot
I like this one because it introduces ALF, the tanners, the Alien Task Force, and the ochmoneks (spell check?), and makes it all work out in one big storyline.
Oh Yeah? Well, You're a Wienier!
ALFreak
Phlegm Dealer

Post by ALFreak »

I also definetly like the ALF's special Christmas episode, because it has a truly touching storyline and exellents production values. It is, however, lower on my list, because it's not quite the same as the other episodes.
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

Mr. Sandman - There's just something about ALF and Willie in the desert that makes me laugh out loud.
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

my favorite as to be the episode where alf as the hiccups. mostly because the scene still makes me laugh no matter how many times I see it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npvBuDhbTf0
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
ALFreak
Phlegm Dealer

Post by ALFreak »

Ninjadragon5 wrote:my favorite as to be the episode where alf as the hiccups.
I wonder if that's Paul Fusco making ALF's hiccup noise, or if it was pre recorded or done by another production member?
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

no sure, but I'm guessing it was pre recorded and then edited a bit because it as that loud metallic tone to it. I don't think any one person could produce that sound. lol.
Joe Shumway
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: somewhere in the nineties

Post by Joe Shumway »

I think "Alf's Special Christmas" is masterpiece.

ALFisMyIdol,
"Mr. Sandman" always make me to laugh. Desert-Alf-Willie... no water(Alf drank it), hehe, great.

Ninjadragon5,
That hiccups become a very notable moments of Alf. It's on my list as one of my favorite episodes.

But then again, there are many episodes that I love to watch over and over again. :)
Willie: You can't vote ALF, you're not a citizen.
ALF: I'll apply for a green card.
Willie: That's only if you want a job.
ALF: Pass.
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

lol yes, there many episodes that i love, but the hiccup one stuck out to me the most.
AlfAlfa_26
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 2014

Post by AlfAlfa_26 »

My absoulute favorite is ALFs Special Christmas too. It is very emotional and has humorous moments placed at appropriate times.
Every time I see it, I have to cry at certain moments in the episode. I can also relate to it on a personal level, because my grandparents firstborn child, a daughter and the oldest sister of my mother, died at the age of only five years.

I have always thought that ALFs personality was portrayed as very complex and absolutely not out of character, as a previous member here felt, because I always thought of ALF as being that funny in other episodes to avoid becoming too depressed about his fate and all the people he loved that are all dead, but that does not mean he is not capable of deep feelings and understanding. So in this episode, he shows what he can be like when he knows that there is no hope at all for a dying child. He still makes some jokes, but on a very different level and he tries to take away the fear of Tiffany a little bit when he tries to assure her that she will indeed go to another world, even he himself is not sure about it(maybe he is though, that is just my interpretation).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides the Christmas Special, there are a lot of situations and lines in the whole series that make me laugh every time I see them, so it is very hard to tell which one would be my favourite. I also appreciate it every time when there are emotional moments. Maybe "Night Train", "For your eyes only", "Help me Rhonda" and "When I'm 64" could be on the top of my list, if I ever would make such a list.