Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

ALF on Saturday Night Live!

ALF has done appearances on Hollywood Squares and on 10-10-220 commercials. If you would like to discuss them (or any of his other television appearances) feel free to post them here.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALF
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2005

ALF on Saturday Night Live!

Post by ALF »

I just got the best idea: ALF should guest host SNL. Although right now probably wouldn't be the best time, since most people either have never heard of ALF, or imagine him as "that creepy puppet" (believe me, they do). Perhaps after a comeback (I don't think that ALF movie ever got past the pitching stage. Or who knows, maybe the whole thing was created as a prank by some hopeful user. After all, the only site that had any information on it was MovieTome, and the only information it had was that it would be released on January 1st, 2006. So scratch that.) But at a time when ALF does in fact rise in popularity, a guest host on SNL would do him good, just like it did for Neil Patrick Harris last night (anyone see it?).

What do you guys think?
twangle

Re: ALF on Saturday Night Live!

Post by twangle »

wow you thought this threw for awhile. I think if it could happen, i would support it--twangle
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Post by ALFan »

I would love him on SNL. Although,you are right. Many people do not give ALF the respect he deserves. Most people would not know who he was.
-ALFan-
ALF
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by ALF »

Yup, and that's exactly why he needs a comeback.
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

You are exactly right. We just need Paul Fusco to come up with one,and the networks to show it.
-ALFan-
ALF
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by ALF »

Definitely.

Admin, what was the last you heard from Paul regarding any upcoming ALF projects?
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

I'm not Admin,but last I read on here,he was not.
-ALFan-
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

ALF wrote:I just got the best idea: ALF should guest host SNL. Although right now probably wouldn't be the best time, since most people either have never heard of ALF, or imagine him as "that creepy puppet" (believe me, they do). Perhaps after a comeback (I don't think that ALF movie ever got past the pitching stage. Or who knows, maybe the whole thing was created as a prank by some hopeful user. After all, the only site that had any information on it was MovieTome, and the only information it had was that it would be released on January 1st, 2006. So scratch that.) But at a time when ALF does in fact rise in popularity, a guest host on SNL would do him good, just like it did for Neil Patrick Harris last night (anyone see it?).

What do you guys think?
Paul Fusco himself have said that there are thoughts of making a movie made. So far nothing has come of it, but at least we know it's something he wants to do.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

AxelFoley wrote:
ALF wrote:I just got the best idea: ALF should guest host SNL. Although right now probably wouldn't be the best time, since most people either have never heard of ALF, or imagine him as "that creepy puppet" (believe me, they do). Perhaps after a comeback (I don't think that ALF movie ever got past the pitching stage. Or who knows, maybe the whole thing was created as a prank by some hopeful user. After all, the only site that had any information on it was MovieTome, and the only information it had was that it would be released on January 1st, 2006. So scratch that.) But at a time when ALF does in fact rise in popularity, a guest host on SNL would do him good, just like it did for Neil Patrick Harris last night (anyone see it?).

What do you guys think?
Paul Fusco himself have said that there are thoughts of making a movie made. So far nothing has come of it, but at least we know it's something he wants to do.
Oh wow.
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

i would love to see alf on SNL, two of my fav shows colliding.

they had jim hensons muppets on for some time, why not alf?
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

Canadian Alf wrote:i would love to see alf on SNL, two of my fav shows colliding.

they had jim hensons muppets on for some time, why not alf?
Yeah, exactly!