Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

ALF-like creatures on Dinosaurs

ALF has done appearances on Hollywood Squares and on 10-10-220 commercials. If you would like to discuss them (or any of his other television appearances) feel free to post them here.

Moderator: Administration Team

Melmac98
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: Jan or Feb 2013

ALF-like creatures on Dinosaurs

Post by Melmac98 »

Hi,
So I recently discovered the show Dinosaurs, and when I saw the 'food' creatures, I thought "These look familiar", but couldn't place how. Then I eventually realized "Of course! They look like Melmacians!"
They don't have a name besides 'food' or food-related terms like 'lunch' (the dinosaurs eat them).
"Traditions are like plates; they're made to be broken"

Land Before Time forum: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php
Balto forum: http://baltofanclub.proboards.com/
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Re: ALF-like creatures on Dinosaurs

Post by samstokes80 »

Dinosaurs is a great show! I remember that episode, too. I can see the similarities.
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

there is?! lol. it has been a while since I have seen that show, but I think I know which episode you talking about.
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
shreddinghead
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1993

Post by shreddinghead »

Can i see some pictures? I was totally into that show back in the days.
ALFreak
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: ALF landed on earth

Post by ALFreak »

Haven't seen the show (Why yes, I do live under a rock.), but since both programs use Puppet techniques, It's no surprise some of the characters loom like the ALFer. :)
Oh Yeah? Well, You're a Wienier!
Melmac98
Cat Wrangler

Post by Melmac98 »

They have it on Netflix streaming. Oh and while I was looking for pics of the ALF-like creatures, look what was suggested! Not very surprised.
Alas, there were no food photographers on Pangea (i.e. no pics of the food creatures that I could find).
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 9.17.30 AM.png

ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

God I loved that show as a kid, even had some of the figures. I've heard the final episode makes Consider Me Gone a happy one in comparison.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

OMG, yes! I can't remember everything, but in the final episode some of kind of migrating bug is supposed to show up, but only one of kind of the bug is left because the WESAYSO operation killed them all off with their factories. then for some earl uses a spray to kill off this certain plant for some reason, but it back fires and kills all the plants and causes all the world to into an eternal winter and then all the characters die! we don't actually see the characters die, but it is assumed so because of the long cold winter and lack of food. (in a way in makes sense since they are dinosaurs and that one theory of how they went extinct) but still, one really messed up depressing way to end a series!
Suburban_Sensei
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1991

Post by Suburban_Sensei »

I remember this episode to a tee. I have a DVD of the first 2 seasons and have been rewatching the show on Netflix (one of my favorite shows growing up), and I agree they were VERY ALF-like with the elongated noses and fur. As for what Ninjadragon5 said, the final episodes of the show were extremely powerful. It was such a funny, colorful show that to this day it still brings a tear to my eye when the newscaster, Howard Handupme says the final words on the show, very eerily. He says, "Good night....good bye." Seriously, if you have the means to watch the show, check out the final two episodes since they have a very powerful message about our role in the world at protecting Earth.
Melmac98
Cat Wrangler

Post by Melmac98 »

Ninjadragon5 wrote:OMG, yes! I can't remember everything, but in the final episode some of kind of migrating bug is supposed to show up, but only one of kind of the bug is left because the WESAYSO operation killed them all off with their factories. then for some earl uses a spray to kill off this certain plant for some reason, but it back fires and kills all the plants and causes all the world to into an eternal winter and then all the characters die! we don't actually see the characters die, but it is assumed so because of the long cold winter and lack of food. (in a way in makes sense since they are dinosaurs and that one theory of how they went extinct) but still, one really messed up depressing way to end a series!
I actually just saw that last one for the first time a few days ago (thank goodness I haven't been checking this thread), and yes, that's basically what happens, except it wasn't the spray that caused the ice age. It was Wesayso detonating bombs inside every volcano on Earth (figuring volcanic eruption=clouds, clouds=rain, rain=plants coming back). I agree that was a VERY messed-up way to end a show, and for as bad as the ending of ALF is, Dinosaurs is even worse! I did shed a few tears during that last one, especially when the Baby asked what would happen to them (I'd quickly grown almost as fond of that Baby as I had of ALF), and during the scene Suburban Sensei mentioned when Howard Handupme said "Good night. Goodbye."

By the way, I got some pics of the creatures.
Screen Shot 2014-05-30 at 11.21.42 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-05-30 at 11.21.43 AM.png

Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

thanks for the pictures! and yeah, now that I look at them, they do look a lot like ALF.