Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Whack the Penguin

Find a cool website while surfing the web? Post it here so we can all have a look!

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

To Admin, gordonshumway, and all members:

After close examination of the graphic posted by Admin, I have discovered the reason for all the controversy is that the URL for the graphic displayed is different than the URL link provided in this TOPIC.

The game "gordonshumway" plays at:
http://www.funny-city.com/cartoons/peng ... ball.shtml
has slightly different graphics and potential for much higher scoring than the TOPIC game link:
http://www.n.ethz.ch/student/mkos/pinguin.swf

I, personally played the game at http://www.funny-city.com/cartoons/peng ... ball.shtml site and in only a few attempts was able to score 558.6, whereas the highest score I have been able to achieve at TOPIC link site is 323.4.

Lets all cool down and agree that we have been trying to "compare apples to oranges".

Mike
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

I believe you have solved a mystery ALFanatic. I didn't even realize there was more than one version of the game...
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALF
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2005

Post by ALF »

ALFanatic,

I am trying to do as you said, but I am having a bit of trouble with "right click mouse", as I don't know where to right click. I am using Firefox.
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

ALF.

My suggestion was intended as a means to possibly resolve any potential controversy, prior to having now identified the actual source of problem.

See no reason to now be concerned with my suggestion. If you wish to post score achieved by playing the game at the original link that was provided in this Topic, simply just go ahead and post score; however, if you wish to post score achieved by playing game at another site link, then best you identify URL for that site along with your posted score.

In answer to your queston about right click on mouse that was mentioned in my suggestion, the Browser you are using should not matter. Once you have played game and screen is showing results, right click mouse anywhere on the screen and a menu should appear offering several options including "print". If you then left clicked mouse on the menu "print" option, you should be able to printout the results screen on your printer.

Mike
ALF
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by ALF »

My apologies. I seem to have thought that there was only one page on this topic. Plaese ignore what I said. Thanks.
gordonshumway
Asteroid Polisher

Post by gordonshumway »

ah sorry guy's i guess i was playing the different versino wher ei can hit over 500
alfisthebest
Cat Wrangler

Post by alfisthebest »

gordonshumway,

I tried the game and is better than the original link. Lets not make so much controversity again.

Dylan
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

alfsthebest,

I totally agree that we try to remain cool at all times: however, in this instance, the actual problem was solved due to a little controversy. Things should be OK as long as we stick to words, and do not resort to use of weapons. HA!

Mike
gordonshumway
Asteroid Polisher

Post by gordonshumway »

yea i agree i got a bit to in to it there
ALF
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by ALF »

As long as it's all solved, that's all that matters. :)
gordonshumway
Asteroid Polisher

Post by gordonshumway »

pretty much for a while there i just stayed off this board lol :D