Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Summer Giveaway Feedback Requested

If you have any questions or comments regarding this forum or website you can post them here. Questions will be responded to promptly by one of the Administrators. Any important news, such as updates and down times, will be posted here as well.

Moderator: Administration Team

Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Summer Giveaway Feedback Requested

Post by Admin »

Forum Members:

Those of you that have been around for a while are probably familiar with the summer giveaways that I run. They have been successful in the past, but this year I am looking to make a few minor changes. Basically my goals are to streamline the rules, make entering easier, and increase overall participation.

I kindly request your feedback on the following changes.

1) Entry form - one simply fills out the forum (it is on the webpage below) to enter, rather than sending me an email or PM. Last year I really don't think I was clear - now the form is right on the page.

2) Bigger prizes - I still have a couple "bigger" prizes to find. I am also hoping to find a couple of rarities, so even the die-hard collectors will have something to shoot for. The last couple giveaways there have not been any "WOW" items on the list to make people feel that they MUST enter.

3) Dates - I have played with these a lot the last few years. Thoughts on what may be the "prime" weeks/months during the summer?

4) Other random thoughts/suggestions that would make the page below easier to read/follow/interpret?

http://www.alftv.com/misc/summer2013giveaway.php

Many thanks! :D
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Re: Summer Giveaway Feedback Requested

Post by samstokes80 »

Looks pretty good to me. The dates seem to be pretty standard summer break for most American schools. I wonder if our international forum members have different summer break schedules?
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

It looks good to me too. The form idea is terrific. The school breaks in Serbia start somewhere in June I think and end on the 1st of September. I think it's a good idea to end it start it somewhere in June and end it in August, so it's a full summer giveaway. As far as the prizes go I have no idea what else you could add: I was always shooting for the DVDs so keep those :) .
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !
ilovealf88
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: around 2000

Post by ilovealf88 »

All of the changes sound good to me. A bobble-head doll might make a good prize. I'm having trouble submitting the entry form though because it keeps asking for me to provide an e-mail address.
ALF: I had a cousin. Pretty Boy Shumway. If he didn't like your shoes...
[imitating gun sound] "ak-ak-ak-ak-ak."
Willie: He'd shoot a person because he didn't like his shoes?
ALF: No. He'd just point at you and go, "Ak-ak-ak-ak-ak."
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Thanks!

Form is also fixed (it should not be asking for the email address anymore). I will let you all know when the page officially goes "live" - it will continue to be a work in progress for at least the next few weeks.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com