Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Ads on ALF TV Website

If you have any questions or comments regarding this forum or website you can post them here. Questions will be responded to promptly by one of the Administrators. Any important news, such as updates and down times, will be posted here as well.

Moderator: Administration Team

Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Ads on ALF TV Website

Post by Admin »

Hi everyone,

If you've been browsing around the website the last week, you have probably noticed a few text link ads around the website. I am confident that none of these will get in the way of the visitors/viewers/members/etc. but I do want to offer an explanation as to why they are there. In the past I did not sell ads of any kind, as I strongly felt (and do feel) that this takes away from the "fan site" experience, but in the last 3-4 years the website has become very expensive to operate. It is my goal to make the website more self-sufficient (to where I do not need to dig into my own wallet for funds). When the DVDs came out, the website was able to break even just with commission from DVD sales on Amazon - that is no longer the case. Now that I do the summer giveaway that costs more yet.

My apologies, but I did want to explain why it was a necessary step - in case any of you thought I lost my mind. In the near future, I may also be forced to upgrade to a business account (due to the amount of content/pages on the site - forum is a lot in itself). That would also mean a toll free number though, 1-800-ALF-SITE?!?? :lol:

I'm looking forward to many many more years online! Thank you for your understanding on this matter, and happy viewing. :)
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Re: Ads on ALF TV Website

Post by ALFicionado »

Perfectly understandable, Jeremiah. Isn't there a way to have a "Donate" button somewhere on the site, or this forum? I'm sure there are several of us who wouldn't mind chipping in every now and then for all the hard work you put on this site.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

I once had a donate button on the website, but when the site got redesigned the designer recommended that I go without it (forgot what the reason was). I added one to the sidebar of the website, so in the future if visitors come through and are interested they will see it - if it doesn't work out it will be easy to take down too :)
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by samstokes80 »

I hadn't even noticed any text ads on the site. But, I don't see any reason you shouldn't have some, especially if it helps keep it up and running. Does Hulu have any pay-per-click ads? If so, you could probably make a little money redirecting people there to watch ALF episodes.
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

Hmmm, hadn't thought of that - I'm going to look into it.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com