Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Forum Team Changes

If you have any questions or comments regarding this forum or website you can post them here. Questions will be responded to promptly by one of the Administrators. Any important news, such as updates and down times, will be posted here as well.

Moderator: Administration Team

Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Forum Team Changes

Post by Admin »

I'm sure you all have noticed a couple changes to the forum team in the last week or so, and it has been requested that I make a public post so everyone knows (I should have done this sooner).

AxelFoley (Asst. Admin) - Anders was a moderator, and with the passing of Mike he was the logical choice to take on the responsibilities of Asst. Admin. He's been a valued member here for over five years, has done a terrific job as a moderator, and will no doubt be a huge asset to the forum as the Asst. Admin.

melmacian56 (moderator) - with a moderator opening, Cody was also a logical choice for this position. He has been a valued member here for several years, had an ALF website himself a few years back, and of course is knowledgeable about everything ALF. Without a doubt can do everything a moderator is asked to do.

Thank you Anders and Cody for volunteering your time to the forum, it is greatly appreciated!
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
spanks_4
Phlegm Dealer

Re: Forum Team Changes

Post by spanks_4 »

Congrats guys and do I not count for anything other than a display piece? :shock: :shock:
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

John,

Your dedication, participation, and knowledge are most definitely appreciated (and have not gone unnoticed). Given the number of years that AxelFoley and melmacian56 have been here, they were logical choices. Though in the future I have no doubt that you, and a few others, will make it onto our short list (at a forum this size the list is always short, and members like you most certainly do not come along every day). Thank you for everything you do here at the forum, I hope you understand the decisions.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

I am very glad to be of service. We gotta wake this place up a bit :P
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
spanks_4
Phlegm Dealer

Post by spanks_4 »

Admin wrote:John,

Your dedication, participation, and knowledge are most definitely appreciated (and have not gone unnoticed). Given the number of years that AxelFoley and melmacian56 have been here, they were logical choices. Though in the future I have no doubt that you, and a few others, will make it onto our short list (at a forum this size the list is always short, and members like you most certainly do not come along every day). Thank you for everything you do here at the forum, I hope you understand the decisions.
I was actually trying to make a joke.
Melmacian has busted me a couple times on letting "adult" words slip lol. I am on many different forums for alf, cars, pinball machines, arcades, etc etc and most allow light adult words so sometimes I forget.
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

spanks_4,

I don't want you taking any offence to the warning I gave you. I was just following Forum Guideline #2 which states:

2) "Foul Language and obscene images will not be tolerated. This site is family friendly, and all posts and posters must respect the integrity of the site."

The reason I gave you the warning is because there were multiple posts were Jeremiah had to edit the foul language you used and there was a post where I had to do it as well. I understand that sometimes it slips out and we don't notice it. You are forgiven.

Cody
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

I just want to take the time to thank Jeremiah for the confidence he has in me, and hope I won't let him down. I realise I have some pretty big shoes to fill, taking over ALFanatic's old job which he held for over 5 years if I'm not mistaken. I'll do my very best though & I feel confident that my years as a moderator on this board mixed with my experience as a moderator & admin roles on other forums will work in my favor here.

If anyone needs anything, anything at all, feel free to PM me.

P.S. I'd also like to add that, for those who didn't know, melmacian56 was a moderator here before, an experience which was in his favor when deciding who to replace my former job here on the forum as a moderator.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Mystiness EX
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 2006

Post by Mystiness EX »

Congratulations to the new staff members, and I give my condolences to friends and family of ALFanatic.