Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

ALFanatic

If you have any questions or comments regarding this forum or website you can post them here. Questions will be responded to promptly by one of the Administrators. Any important news, such as updates and down times, will be posted here as well.

Moderator: Administration Team

Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

ALFanatic

Post by Admin »

It is with a heavy heart that I inform you all that I believe that Mike (ALFanatic) has passed away. <Update: I have confirmed, through the Social Security Death Index database, that it is him.>

I lost contact with him on December 30th, and have been trying to track him down ever since. He was supposed to call me after the new year to let me know more about his condition, but never did. His phone number had been disconnected, and now I have found an obituary (a "Michael Joseph Conway" from Las Vegas) from just a month after we lost contact that would seem to back that up. I even attempted to contact his apartment building at one time, but they could not legally give me any information. Not to mention several emails over the past few months.

http://www.tributes.com/show/Michael-Conway-87783842

I had been searching the Las Vegas obituaries daily, but never found anything. I decided to search Google a little more in-depth, and that's what I found. I can never thank Mike enough for what he did for me and for this forum, he has always been a true friend. When I was just starting my website, he was always there to support me, and helped build this forum to what it is today.

My face is in tears as I write this, but needed to share this with all of you. I've only known Mike for 7 years, but it feels like so much longer.

Mike, you will never be forgotten...
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Re: ALFanatic

Post by melmacian56 »

:( This is indeed a sad day. ALFanatic basically ruled these boards when you were not able to be around Jeremiah. He was a huge part of this forum and without his help this ALF Forum may not have even been possible. I was wondering why I had not seen any posts from him for the longest time and all of this answers my question. I may not have known the guy personally but I am deeply saddened to lose possibly one of the biggest ALF Fans in the world. This guy had very vast knowledge of everything ALF. I send my thoughts and prayers out to his family.

To Jeremiah: If you are ever in need of help with anything on this forum or website I offer my services. I know this loss is really hard for you as well as the other members of this forum. All of us participating members here at the forum are here for you.

R.I.P. Mike
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

I can't believe what I just read a couple of minutes ago. It's hard to understand that Mike is really gone. I was fearing the worst when we hadn't heard from him in a while, but it still doesn't feel quite real that he is gone. It'll take some time for it to sink in.

Some of my very strongest memories of this forum is connected to Mike, AKA ALFanatic. When I was new around here back in early 2005, he showed me the ropes. We quickly became friends and talked a great deal over MSN and through emails. He was always very helpful with anything I asked him about as a newbie, and had a fountain of knowledge about life. He was a pretty darn funny guy too, sure gave me some laughs over the years. I am also very aware of his contributions to this forum, as Jeremiah has already stated, so I can't thank him enough for that, as this is my very favorite place on the internet.

In memory of my friend Mike, I'll watch a couple of ALF episodes today. I'm sure that's something he'd approve of.

R.I.P. Mike.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Luke
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Luke »

Hi Guys,

Although i haven't been as active on the ALF front these past years as i would have liked and hadn't spoken to Mike much lately, i do have a long memory of him - going all the way back to The ALF Fan Forum many years ago. I am incredibly sad to hear he has passed away. He was informative, knowledgable, and funny. His enjoyment of ALF showed through in his posts and i'm thankful to have known such a cool fellow ALF fan. Although its a sad time, i think Mike would want us to celebrate his life and remember the great moments, just like how death was on Melmac ... even though everyone died at age 650 and had their credit cards cancelled one week before, lol.

R.I.P Mike!!!
Bring Back ALF
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by Bring Back ALF »

I was shocked and very saddened to read the news this morning about Mike. I didn't know him as well as you guys but have fond memories of talking to him way back on The ALF Fan Forum years ago and was touched that he remembered me and made me feel so welcome around here when I signed up again last year.

Does anyone know what his favourite episode of ALF was? Maybe we should pick a day and all decide to watch that episode on that day as a tribute to Mike.
"Find out what you don't do well and don't do it!" Gordon Shumway Sept 86

www.instagram.com/bringbackalf/
https://www.facebook.com
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

Does anyone know what his favourite episode of ALF was?
I checked two "favorite episode" threads, and Mike posted in them both...but he didn't mention his favorite episode(s). That's Mike for ya! :lol: I'm sure he liked them all though...I'll continue to dig.
spanks_4
Phlegm Dealer

Post by spanks_4 »

I know we didn't get along that great, but wow that really sucks. He was an extremely knowledgable guy and great for factual info lol.

You sure you cannot track down some of his relatives Jeremiah? I would hate to see his massive collection thrown in the garbage or donated by someone that didn't know any better.
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi John,

That's not anything I have information on...sorry. Also, I got your Facebook message and will call you later when I get a few free minutes.
spanks_4
Phlegm Dealer

Post by spanks_4 »

Maybe you could call the appt where he lived and ask the owner/manager to give your number to whomever is taking care of his estate. I am not trying to sound like an a**, but most people would take his collection and chunk it, but I don't think any of us actually know what he has or doesn't have.
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

im very sorry to hear about the passing of alfanatic.
rest in peace. may you never be forgotten.
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

Admin wrote:
Does anyone know what his favourite episode of ALF was?
I checked two "favorite episode" threads, and Mike posted in them both...but he didn't mention his favorite episode(s). That's Mike for ya! :lol: I'm sure he liked them all though...I'll continue to dig.
ALF's Special Christmas was Mike's favorite ALF episode.

Watching that episode this Christmas will be even sadder this year.

Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

ALF's Special Christmas was Mike's favorite ALF episode.

Watching that episode this Christmas will be even sadder this year.
Now that you mention it, I do seem to recall him mentioning that somewhere.
Bring Back ALF
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by Bring Back ALF »

Just a suggestion but since its a Christmas episode why don't we all watch ALF's Christmas Special on 1st December this year in memory of Mike?

Shoot me down if you don't think its appropriate :?
"Find out what you don't do well and don't do it!" Gordon Shumway Sept 86

www.instagram.com/bringbackalf/
https://www.facebook.com
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

I think it sounds like a fantastic idea!
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

Sounds good to me!

QueenofMelmac
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by QueenofMelmac »

I just received the Alf Forum email which states Mike passed away. This is truly devestating news. My heart goes out to all his friends and family. Mike was always full of wit and humor and made me laugh a lot. He will be missed. :(
"You are getting sleepy. You... are no longer a cat. You are a bagel. "
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

I'm very glad the mass email worked (at least partially). I was waiting on it until AxelFoley reminded me. I have always had troubles with mass emails in the past...with the server sending out 300 identical emails at the same time they sometimes get interpreted as SPAM and rejected.
ALF
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2005

Post by ALF »

This is... devastating. I don't know what to say. For as long as I can remember, Mike has been there to overlook each and every thread. He has always been fair and responsible, and it seemed like he literally spent his days on this forum. It's going to be a very difficult transition for all of us...

That said, I also have not spent as much time on the forum as I have wanted to these past few years. At first, I posted left and right. Then I slowed down for a little bit, and I started right back up again. But once I reached the 200 mark, I sort of let it go for good, which was a mistake on my part. My interest in ALF didn't ever wane, however, as I did pop in every now and then to give my two cents on things. But Mike was always (and I mean ALWAYS) there. When people were insightful, he praised them. When people were humorous, he laughed along. Even when people were difficult, he stepped in and set them straight. ALFanatic was and always will be my (and I'm sure everyone's) ideal Asst. Admin.

Thank you, Mike.

R.I.P.
QueenofMelmac
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by QueenofMelmac »

I will def watch the Christmas episode with u guys on dec 1st as a tribute btw. I think that's a great idea
"You are getting sleepy. You... are no longer a cat. You are a bagel. "
ALF
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2005

Post by ALF »

Jeremiah, if you don't mind my asking, what was his condition?

Also, I've noticed that Mike's user profile no longer exists. Does this mean that his username is available? If this is the case, I highly advise that the name be retired and no longer available to new users.