Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Vandalism on ALF Wiki

Discuss anything regarding ALF on the Internet here. If you have a favorite ALF site you want to share, or even an ALF YouTube video this is the place!

Moderator: Administration Team

samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Vandalism on ALF Wiki

Post by samstokes80 »

Hey everyone! I wanted to let you know that there had been quite a bit of vandalism on the ALF Wiki lately. In other words, people are putting in false information or randomly inserting things to be vulgar or otherwise inappropriate. I'm still the Admin for the ALF Wiki, but I could sure use some help from anyone else who would be willing to monitor the ALF Wiki for changes to make sure they are valid.

Anybody can easily sign up for a profile; you can even sign up easily using your Facebook profile. Alternatively, you don't have to sign up at all to edit all but the main page. If you have time, please periodically drop by and check the latest edits on the main page. If you click on the magnifying glass to the right of each title, you can see if the change/addition is appropriate. If it is vandalism, you can simply click the "rollback" button to remove all of the changes in that previous edit.

I'll still be there as the Admin, but as a teacher, I sometimes get really bogged down in the middle of the semesters, and don't always have as much time as I'd like to monitor all the edits. THANKS!!!!!
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Re: Vandalism on ALF Wiki

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear about the vandalism. It's disappointing that a fan would do something like that...
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by samstokes80 »

I rather expect these weren't necessarily ALF fans, but just some people messing around thinking it was funny to change the articles to have inappropriate content.
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Are you able to ban IP addresses?
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by samstokes80 »

Yes, I can. Really, as long as I monitor it regularly, I can keep the vandals at bay, but you know how it is. When a performance is coming up, etc., I just don't have as much time to keep an eye on things. It would be great to have a few others actively helping to keep an eye on things. That's the nice thing about Wikia being a total open forum, anybody can jump in and help. Of course, this is also what makes it easy for people to vandalize the content on there!