Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Those Video Guys: Talking ALF

Discuss anything regarding ALF on the Internet here. If you have a favorite ALF site you want to share, or even an ALF YouTube video this is the place!

Moderator: Administration Team

johnatkinsiii
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1985

Those Video Guys: Talking ALF

Post by johnatkinsiii »

Hi guys,

I used to do a weekly online video review show on YouTube and thought you might be interested in this special episode we did on ALF back in 2011.

I'm a huge fan of the show and have seen every episode, while my co-host Elisar had never seen it before and I was trying to win him over.

While we probably don't cover anything you guys wouldn't already know, I thought you might get a kick out of seeing a 'TV' show about ALF.

This was recorded live on Ustream, so apologies if it seems a bit rambling in places! And apologies if it's bad form to post your own stuff. I'm actually no longer with the show, I just thought you might enjoy this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJdSZyx0ujw&

Thanks,

John
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Re: Those Video Guys: Talking ALF

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

thanks for sharing!
yeah, most of the stuff you talked about I already knew, but glad you guys did a tribute to ALF anyway! really cool podcast. :)
just wanted to add I didn't know that one the writers of ALF went on to write a movie about a cocaine addict with a ALF ripoff in it, interesting info.
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
johnatkinsiii
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1985

Post by johnatkinsiii »

Thanks for watching the video, glad you enjoyed it!

Yes, the film (and book) is called Permanent Midnight, written by former ALF writer, Jerry Stahl - I actually just got around to watching it yesterday, as I found it on Netflix if you want to check it out.

It's actually pretty bleak, and the ALF bits are barely in it, but it's probably worth checking out for curiosity's sake if nothing else.
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

you are welcome :)
yeah, as a would of guessed from the trailer, kind of surprising coming from an writer from ALF. yeah, I guess he would have to keep the ALF ripoff scenes down to very little to avoid plagiarism.
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

The movie and book is actually based on his life.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/