Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

HOLY C*AP

Discuss anything regarding ALF on the Internet here. If you have a favorite ALF site you want to share, or even an ALF YouTube video this is the place!

Moderator: Administration Team

Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

HOLY C*AP

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

I just found probably the weirdest yet awesome thing in the alfiverse. apparently alf was so popular in germany too that they created their own alf songs. this one is a love song between alf and rhonda, it's in german, but the english lyrics are posted below. the song is actually kind of good.
http://io9.com/5976576/without-a-doubt- ... ar-all-day
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Re: HOLY C*AP

Post by samstokes80 »

Lol, yes, for some reason ALF is huge in Germany. I have talked to a couple of German ALF fans and it has been explained to me that in certain countries, the voice actors that dub certain popular TV shows can become very popular themselves. Also, the shows have a slightly different tone when translated into different languages. Apparently some of the humor is adjusted to have more regional relevance, and therefore translations into one language can have more finesse than someone else's translation into a different language. This was all new information to me - since Americans don't think that much about dubbed versions of things, or who is doing the dubbing.

Anyway, I had heard this song once before, and I do believe that it was also released on an album (in addition to the single release) with several other ALF songs by the same voice actors.
ilovealf88
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: around 2000

Post by ilovealf88 »

Cool find! I would love to go to Germany just to see what other kind of ALF stuff there is over there.
ALF: I had a cousin. Pretty Boy Shumway. If he didn't like your shoes...
[imitating gun sound] "ak-ak-ak-ak-ak."
Willie: He'd shoot a person because he didn't like his shoes?
ALF: No. He'd just point at you and go, "Ak-ak-ak-ak-ak."
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Re: HOLY C*AP WTF

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

samstokes80 wrote:Lol, yes, for some reason ALF is huge in Germany. I have talked to a couple of German ALF fans and it has been explained to me that in certain countries, the voice actors that dub certain popular TV shows can become very popular themselves. Also, the shows have a slightly different tone when translated into different languages. Apparently some of the humor is adjusted to have more regional relevance, and therefore translations into one language can have more finesse than someone else's translation into a different language. This was all new information to me - since Americans don't think that much about dubbed versions of things, or who is doing the dubbing.

Anyway, I had heard this song once before, and I do believe that it was also released on an album (in addition to the single release) with several other ALF songs by the same voice actors.
yeah, apparently the german voice actor who dubbed alf was really popular too. I kind of like alf's german dubbed voice, makes him sound more grunt like he was in the first episode. and your right, the song is part of german album of alf, found the rest of the songs on youttube.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

That's Germans for you :lol: When they like something, they really like it. They are very loyal too, so it's no wonder ALF is still really popular over there.
ilovealf88 wrote:Cool find! I would love to go to Germany just to see what other kind of ALF stuff there is over there.
You should check out ebay.de, there's lots of German ALF stuff for sale there.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ilovealf88
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: around 2000

Post by ilovealf88 »

Yeah, I've checked there a couple of times before. There's some cool looking ALF gnomes on there. Too bad they're a little too pricey for me. :(
ALF: I had a cousin. Pretty Boy Shumway. If he didn't like your shoes...
[imitating gun sound] "ak-ak-ak-ak-ak."
Willie: He'd shoot a person because he didn't like his shoes?
ALF: No. He'd just point at you and go, "Ak-ak-ak-ak-ak."
ALFreak
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: ALF landed on earth

Post by ALFreak »

I'd like to use it, but i'm not sure how American money converts to German money :? . Does anyone have a chart/formula for money conversions like that?
Oh Yeah? Well, You're a Wienier!
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

google as a currency converter that would help with that.
NoProblem86
Asteroid Polisher
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by NoProblem86 »

I received the German DVD set for the holidays. It was fantastic to see certain episodes that I missed durign the initial airings! It is EUR 42,01, which equates to approximately $62.83 US dollars.
"Before you get up for that final snack, I want you to know I'll be right back. HA!"