Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Wikia Spotlight

Discuss anything regarding ALF on the Internet here. If you have a favorite ALF site you want to share, or even an ALF YouTube video this is the place!

Moderator: Administration Team

samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Wikia Spotlight

Post by samstokes80 »

Hello everybody!
I am working very hard to get the ALF Wiki a Wikia Spotlight to draw attention to the 25th Anniversary celebration. A Wikia Spotlight means that it will appear intermittently in one of the three ad spots at the bottom of every Wikia page. Since there are over 100,000 Wikis and over 4,000,000 pages of content, this could potentially bring in a large amount of traffic.

I would like to ask everyone to peruse the Wiki at your earliest convenience and let me know any suggestions that you have for improving the content or layout. Also, if you would like to help edit the material, please register for an account. If you have a Facebook account, you can use that to log into Wikia, which greatly simplifies the process. You don't actually have to log in to edit pages, but you will need it to do certain things like posting photographs. I also recommend logging in because Wikia automatically keeps a record of your contributions. Editing is pretty easy using the WYSIWYG interface, but if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

The address for the ALF Wiki is http://alf.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Thanks!
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard

Re: Wikia Spotlight

Post by samstokes80 »

Great news! We got the Wikia spotlight as of today! Wikia staff originally told me that they probably wouldn't be able to get it approved until next month, but I guess they were so impressed with our Paul Fusco interview that they put it on the quick track to get spotlighted for the 25th anniversary today! :D

As you browse through pages anywhere on the Wikia network you will randomly see the image below in the "Around Wikia's network" area at the bottom of the page.

Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Great to hear!

Do they allow you to see the traffic that your wiki gets? Should be an extra boost in visitors.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by samstokes80 »

I'm not sure, but I'll see if I can figure that out. I have already had a couple of new users do some editing on some of the pages, so apparently it has already generated some interest.
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by samstokes80 »

Ah, yes, I have found it in the admin tools where it shows page views. I will keep you all posted on what kind of traffic we get from the spotlight.