Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Uncut DVDs

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

Alf_duderino
Apprentice Lint Brush

Uncut DVDs

Post by Alf_duderino »

Hi all,

I googled around a bit and it looks like only the syndicated version of ALF is available on DVD.
Does anybody know the existence of the uncut version?
If it is not around, will it ever be?

Thanks.
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Re: Uncut DVDs

Post by ALFan »

I have been wondering the same thing,and I do not think the uncut version exists.(I also searched around.)I am not sure if they ever will either.Sorry
-ALFan-
Alf_duderino
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Alf_duderino »

Hi ALFan and thank you for the reply,

After googoling a little more it seems that quite few fans asked Liongates (or Paul Fusco) for the release of the uncut version. I think I even came across petition that offered money for the work. However, it seems that Liongates chose to ignore them.

I hope this is not the case since it would be a very bad public relation decision for future Lionsgate products. Moreover, getting Alf fans angry wouldnt help a future (I hope) return of the Melmacian on TV.

Anyway, if there are no uncut version to buy we are left with one question: "What would Alf do?" :D
twangle

Post by twangle »

it looks like you came up with all our dead ends. but the more alf fans we have the more we do
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

I do agree with you,Alf_duderino.
-ALFan-
twangle

Post by twangle »

alfan: whats alf with out tv?
MR. Littwack
Cat Wrangler

Post by MR. Littwack »

What about starting a petition here on the site? I am not much of a computer guy and I must admit this whole inter-web thing still scares me from time to time, but would that be possible? Perhaps the more and more people that bug the crap out of lionsgate, the more they would be likely to do something about it. Maybe there is such a thing as whipping a dead horse, but instead why not throw that horse through the front window of lionsgate?
"I think that guy Littwack is building an A-bomb in the basement"
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

Good idea.I think you should talk to Admin about this one though.
-ALFan-
Alf_duderino
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Alf_duderino »

I am in!!!
twangle

Post by twangle »

As alfanatic told us they have tried this in the past and waited for a long time. But if you or any petitions come up ill be there.
midnightgroper2000
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by midnightgroper2000 »

I thought I'd tack the end of my introduction post here as it seemed relevant.

First I found this http://www.petitiononline.com/Azure1/petition.html
It's a petition to release the original versions....probably won't do any good to sign it but at least we can say we tried.
Second I found a guy who CLAIMS to be selling dvd copies of the original airings.....I have sent him an email questioning the validity of his claim...if he responds confirming that I read his ad correctly I will buy them and evaluate them to see if he is telling the truth. If he is I will share his contact info with all of you, I don't want to put it out there until I'm sure it's legit, we've all been disappointed enough without me adding to the fire.
I love ellipses...don't hate...appreciate.
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

midnightgroper2000,

For future reference, please be advised that this Forum does not condone the illegal, commercial production and sale of any ALF merchandise protected by copyright and/or registered trademark. Links to such a source are not welcome on this Forum, and will be promptly deleted.

Your understanding and cooperation is appreciated,

ALFanatic - Asst Admin
midnightgroper2000
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by midnightgroper2000 »

Sorry...I hope I haven't given the wrong impression to anyone...I have no idea if the the guy is legit, what the source of the dvds may be, or if they are legal or not. I just stumbled upon him while searching for the original episodes. I emailed him with concerns similar to those you (ALFanatic) have expressed and haven't heard back from him yet. Rest assured I will not be participating in or promoting any illegal activities on this site or any other. Piracy only hurts the cause...we will never get good, uncut, remastered copies if people rip off the studios.
It should, however, be noted that we wouldn't be having this discussion if they had released decent copies in the first place. I'm doing my due diligence before I make my purchase...If only Lions was so thoughtful.
Once I hear back from the vendor I'll evaluate what he tells me and if it seems legit I'll PM the Administration of this site with his contact info and let Admin decide if it should be posted or not. I'm not trying to rock the boat here, just share good news if there is some to go around and express my love for ALF...he was like a member of our family in a weird kind of way.

On another note...
Remember when ALF bought that car? I loved they way his hair looked in the wind!
I love ellipses...don't hate...appreciate.
twangle

Post by twangle »

Hey know need to apologize. Bye the way WELCOME
pacman23
Cat Wrangler

Post by pacman23 »

yeah they really do need to put out unedited tv sho .. .. i think one reason is them trying to get the rights of music they had used in the eps.. im guessing .. i think they only had so long to use the rights of the songs .. but would be a great find to have them put out on dvd that way .. heck they otta go ahead and put on blue-ray lol :lol: :D that would be the ultimate set right there .. maybe have both set versions lol :D :D :D :D
" nevermind the curtains put me out !! "
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

pacman23 wrote:yeah they really do need to put out unedited tv sho .. .. i think one reason is them trying to get the rights of music they had used in the eps.. im guessing .. i think they only had so long to use the rights of the songs .. but would be a great find to have them put out on dvd that way .. heck they otta go ahead and put on blue-ray lol :lol: :D that would be the ultimate set right there .. maybe have both set versions lol :D :D :D :D
Blu-ray! That's a perfect idea!
-ALFan-
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

No, BLuray is a terrible idea. For the life of me I can't get people's fascination with Bluray, as if the picture quality of DVD's aren't good enough anymore. Bluray is just another way for the distributors to take even MORE of the hard-earned money from fans.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

That is very true. I personally do not agree with Blu-ray, but if they put that out there it might be bought. That's why I said I agree.
-ALFan-
pacman23
Cat Wrangler

Post by pacman23 »

well one reason is good to be on blueray is that better chance that u could get more for your money and of course better picture and also that jsut shows that the show will stay up to day and will be carried on .. as of like vhs dvd wil be replaces down the road to blue ray .. after that there a disc alrady develped its hiligraphic disc witch i think holes 16 blurays on one disc lol.. anyways blue ray in my oppion is good casue the show stays up to technoligy and will pull in the the tv show .. would be wel worth it ithink .. as far as a consummers well one reason of bying hd tv is to get hd so if u have one wouldnt feel like u wasted ur money buy a tv if u dont have the picture quality be kinds usesless ya know .. but then they otta put dvd and blueray in same box :idea: :D :D :D :D :D lol like there doing now .. im sure if htey did u would go buy also even tho u had on dvd already lol :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
" nevermind the curtains put me out !! "
melkrank
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by melkrank »

I dont think we will ever get The uncut episodes of ALF on DVD? Yeah its sad that all we got on DVD was edited episodes.But even thoe they are edited I still enjoy watching my season sets of ALF.