Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Uncut DVDs

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Re: Uncut DVDs

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

What's wrong with 'Try to Remember', the ending on my VHS tape is ALF going in a "hot tub" with a hand mixer.
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by samstokes80 »

In the original broadcast version of "Try to Remember," ALF takes an electric mixer into the bathtub and electrocutes himself, causing the amnesia. In the alternate version, which is used in syndication and the DVD release, ALF falls and hits his head instead of electrocuting himself.

The original episode also had a message from ALF at the end, where he says that water and electricity don't mix.

http://alf.wikia.com/wiki/Try_to_Remember_(Part_1)
Last edited by samstokes80 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

so why would this not make it into the uncut version if it were to be released?

@Sam.. your link is broken there.. the last bracket in the link isn't working for some reason
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by samstokes80 »

I think since the falling scene completely replaced the electrocution scene, they can't have both in the same episode. Perhaps the electrocution version of the scene would be included at as a special feature.

Thanks for pointing out the problem with the link. The close parenthesis apparently confused it and got truncated. I've fixed it!
heinza
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: longtime

Post by heinza »

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to find the most complete edition possible of ALF on DVD, but I am VERY confused!
According to Amazon.de and Amazon.fr and other websites, the sets have different runtimes as follows:
German French Dutch
S1 612 650 600
S2 628 627 624
S3 549 548 624
S4 600 505 576
Then the boxset with the plush toy supposedly runs for 2330min and the one without the toy for 2394min...???
Can anyone make sense of this?
Which edition should I go for??
Thanks!!
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

heinza, you brought up a good point.

now that we have uncut DVDs, we should try to get the runtime and ASIN #'s for the single german seasons, the ALF boxset with and without the plush doll, and i also believe there is a boxset that was made in france? i think i saw that on one of the amazon's websites

good idea, thanks. hopefully we can list them all
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel
NoProblem86
Asteroid Polisher

Post by NoProblem86 »

Hello Heinza / I own am extra, unopened set of the German ALF DVD (no plush toy). I am also including original NBC broadcasts of the four episodes that are not in their original format on the German set ("For Your Eyes Only," "Try to Remember," "Somewhere Over the Rerun" and "Tonight, Tonight." See link to thread below
viewtopic.php?p=18953

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanx
"Before you get up for that final snack, I want you to know I'll be right back. HA!"
heinza
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by heinza »

Hi all,
just wondering if since my original post anyone has come up with with any idea in regards to what version box-set I should buy in order to get the most complete version of Alf? German, French, Dutch, ...?
Thank you very much
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

I heard you best bet is probably be the german set, it as the least amount of cuts in the episodes.
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

heinza wrote:Hi all,
just wondering if since my original post anyone has come up with with any idea in regards to what version box-set I should buy in order to get the most complete version of Alf? German, French, Dutch, ...?
Thank you very much
They should all be the same.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Know which region DVD you are buying.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
heinza
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by heinza »

I'm not too phased about the region code.
All I want is the most complete version and, since different regions apparently have different runtimes, it's very hard to decide which one to buy!
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

I recently bought the french boxset and that one is pretty good. it as more of the complete versions of the episodes, it still has a few edits in some of the episodes but not much. really I think the DVDs are the same throughout all the countries in Europe because they all have the same DVD covers.
pacman23
Cat Wrangler

Post by pacman23 »

i never understood why they even edit stuff othr than the rights to music and stuff they used .. .. im glad i had recorded them when they first aired . kinda awesome to watch and see the commercial in them too .. brings back memories :D
" nevermind the curtains put me out !! "
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

most of the edits in the episodes are of the songs that were used in some of the episodes, for copyrights reasons I'm sure. otherwise, most of the episodes are complete.
Ross1181
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Ross1181 »

Hi, sadly I cannot find ALF's dvd in my country (Italy), so I downloaded uncut dvdrips from the web. Now I want to download italian subtitles (but english is also good), but I cannot find uncut version anywhere...
Where can I find it?
Djrun23
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Djrun23 »

Hi I been workin on the original recordings with commercials . And was thinking bout putting them the blue ray but as far as now I do have the eps as they where first recorded but I wanna make sure I have best quality to make it permanent .on the disc .it take awhile .to go thru . I recently found 5 new tapes at a yard sale that someone recorded lol was a lucky find . But I'll go thru them n see how they are and see which one is the best of each episodes ... I'd be will to share if others can help out making the set of the original recordings . .. I also have other stuff like alf loves a mystery . And promos . I'll add to the set . But if anyone had any original broadcast recordings with commercials pm me .i hope soon we can have original air set . Be great ..
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Djrun23 wrote:Hi I been workin on the original recordings with commercials . And was thinking bout putting them the blue ray but as far as now I do have the eps as they where first recorded but I wanna make sure I have best quality to make it permanent .on the disc .it take awhile .to go thru . I recently found 5 new tapes at a yard sale that someone recorded lol was a lucky find . But I'll go thru them n see how they are and see which one is the best of each episodes ... I'd be will to share if others can help out making the set of the original recordings . .. I also have other stuff like alf loves a mystery . And promos . I'll add to the set . But if anyone had any original broadcast recordings with commercials pm me .i hope soon we can have original air set . Be great ..
Contact Jeremiah, the owner of this awesome site. Just send him a PM and he might be able to help you.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/