Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Your reaction to the cancellation of ALF?

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

stevieray89
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Re: Your reaction to the cancellation of ALF?

Post by stevieray89 »

Well, I was almost 1. I didn't see it until I bought the season 4 dvd. It's sad how the Tanners had to be taken away from their home, to live in Iceland. And even worse for ALF that he got caught by the Alien Task Force. I wonder if the family was hounded by reporters after that.
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

that is probably why they were made to move to iceland, so they wouldn't be hounded by reporters. plus the alien task force probably kept everything about ALF and the tanners really secret.
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
stevieray89
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Post by stevieray89 »

I was watching Project ALF this morning and the people at the Task Force mentioned that the Tanners turned down living in Mozambique because of the school system. So maybe they chose Iceland, and they weren't forced to live there. Honestly, I would've loved to live in Australia or Italy, lol. I too, think they also chose the relocating because they didn't want to be hounded by reporters and weird talk shows and whatnot. I just keep imagining the Ochmonecks finding out about it and then Raquel saying "I KNEW IT!" in regards to when she spotted ALF in the backyard.
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

oh yeah, I remember that, still that is not really much then Africa, those are some pretty horrible choices, I guess they had to be somewhere way of the country and isolated.
yeah, makes me wonder if the Ochmonecks ever got questioned by the whole thing.
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
ALF FIN SANE
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by ALF FIN SANE »

I saw a couple of episodes when ALF first aired, but I was younger back then so I didn't watch too much TV. When I did I probably didn't have any consistency with the episodes and I don't have any recollections about the ending. Where I live they rerun the show in 96-97 when I was in high school and I watched almost every episode after school and only then I really became ALF fan. When the last episode was aired, it did so with "to be continued" sign, but got subtitled in our language "end of the series" or something like that. I used to think back then that they just quit the show's rerun, but there was more seasons made. It was also during a time I was not able to check the facts from Internet :). When I discovered (in 98 I think) that this really was THE END I was like how is this possible, this is a decision in business or other irrational reality, but in my world you just don't do that, you need to write or tell the real ending :D