Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

How many watched during the original run?

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

larab83
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Re: How many watched during the original run?

Post by larab83 »

Me! I was roughly three years old and was a huge fan as a kid! I had the pogs, the toys, all that awesome 80's crap! haha. i now show alf episodes to my 4,3 and 2 year old.:) :D
"I'm reminded of a prayer lucky used to recite every night before going to bed : "And if I die before I wake, chicken-fry me like a steak." ---ALF.:)
TheOldAlfer1
Asteroid Polisher
ALF Fan Since: 1989

Post by TheOldAlfer1 »

Welcome to the site larab :D
Got cat?
larab83
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by larab83 »

TheOldAlfer1 wrote:Welcome to the site larab :D
HI! thanks!!:)
"I'm reminded of a prayer lucky used to recite every night before going to bed : "And if I die before I wake, chicken-fry me like a steak." ---ALF.:)
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Welcome to the forum!
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
Joe Shumway
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: somewhere in the nineties

Post by Joe Shumway »

I didn't watched during the original run, the reason is very simple I was born in 1988. :)

larab83,
welcome to the forum, have fun :wink:
Willie: You can't vote ALF, you're not a citizen.
ALF: I'll apply for a green card.
Willie: That's only if you want a job.
ALF: Pass.
fbhwes
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by fbhwes »

I was lucky enough to have watched ALF during it's initial run on NBC . I was not sure what to expect when it first premiered but it didn't take long for me to become a fan. I watched all the way through right down to it's season 4 "cliffhanger" ending, i waited the entire summer that year with baited breath to see what happened next . But "Fresh Prince Of Belair" was what was in ALF's old time slot the following fall and he never returned. That didn't happen for 6 more years or so .I wasn't completely thrilled with the way his storyline was resovled either at first i'll be honest ( especially how little time was spent resolving the Tanners) but from what i've read i can understand why they didn't and at least we did get an ending, so i eventually came to accept it . Of course eventually he made his way to DVD and now i can rewatch every episode anew.
Alfina
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1990

Post by Alfina »

I was born in '88, so obviously I didn't watch the first 2 seasons, but I must've watched the last 2 since my parents where big ALF fans. There's actually a pic of my mom carrying me as a newborn and she's wearing an ALF t-shirt! Pretty cool :D
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

I watched it in the original run as a 10 year-old-boy. I have to say that it was a thrill to watch it originally but some jokes get better over time.
Last edited by ALFIsMyIdol on Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by samstokes80 »

I watched it during the original run. My family found out about it about halfway through the first season. I was in first grade at the time. I remember during 2nd grade I had an ALF lunchbox and an ALF t-shirt. I think I even had a second ALF lunchbox (different design) in 3rd grade. It seems like one was a cartoon drawing of ALF and the other was an actual picture of ALF in the garage from the show. It's been a long time though, so I don't entirely remember. Of course, I also watched the ALF cartoons on Saturday mornings. I did also get lots of ALF stuff for Christmas, like coloring books, puzzles, stickers, cards, etc. My brothers were also ALF fans - we still have our family collection of ALF stuff back home.
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

Strangely I never watched the cartoons. Only the show.
Debbie_Anne
Asteroid Polisher

Post by Debbie_Anne »

I watched ALF during it's original run. My brother and I never missed an episode, and we also watched the ALF cartoon as well. I've also read a few of the comic books, and still have one of the Burger King ALF puppets. A couple years back, I even bought seasons 1-3 on DVD, so I still watch ALF from time to time.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Debbie_Anne wrote:I watched ALF during it's original run. My brother and I never missed an episode, and we also watched the ALF cartoon as well. I've also read a few of the comic books, and still have one of the Burger King ALF puppets. A couple years back, I even bought seasons 1-3 on DVD, so I still watch ALF from time to time.
Are you not a fan of the fourth season?
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

She's going to win it in the giveaway :)
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
Debbie_Anne
Asteroid Polisher

Post by Debbie_Anne »

I had the fourth season, but the copy I bought was defective. The last disc's picture was all scrambled. I couldn't exchange it at the Fry's Electronics I bought it at, as they said it was OOP and they didn't have any more in stock and couldn't get another copy. Seasons 1-3 are usually in stock there, but I never see Season Four anymore. I just never got around to picking up another copy, as I've been working my way through the shows slowly. Honestly, I don't remember season four all that much (aside from the cliffhanger "ending"), as I was out of high school and working at the time, and would often miss ALF when I worked at night.
Debbie_Anne
Asteroid Polisher

Post by Debbie_Anne »

Admin wrote:
She's going to win it in the giveaway :)
Forgive the double post, but today as a gift, I received the ALF Season 4 set. Actually, my partner was buying the last two Dragnet sets at Barnes and Noble to finish our collection, and we could get a third set free on sale, and I found ALF, so we got that one for free.
Worm Raider
Cat Wrangler

Post by Worm Raider »

I was born in January of 1980, so I was there to watch the entire series. While, I don't really recall watching particular episodes, I'll never forget how I felt during the series finale. I remember being so excited for the tv movie as I hated watching my favorite show end in a gut wrenching manner. I also recall being disappointed that the Tanner family didn't make an appearance.
Just happy to see this show still has the following that it does.
Ha! I kill me!
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

Funnily enough I missed the movie when it originally aired. I didn't see it until I picked it up from a video store.
NoProblem86
Asteroid Polisher

Post by NoProblem86 »

I was 13 when ALF debuted on NBC. Watched him right from the start, as the first season was wildly popular. The quality dipped with each progressive season, to the point where I stopped watching altogether by Season 4. Taped many of the first-run shows from the first two seasons and a few from Season 3. We loved the rough, disheveled ALF from the first season. Images of ALF singing "Old Time Rock n Roll" into a fish in "Looking for Lucky" remains our favouritee memory. "well, I had the music pretty loud, I probably would nt have heard the phone."
"Before you get up for that final snack, I want you to know I'll be right back. HA!"
robodog
Cat Wrangler

Post by robodog »

I think I was nine or ten when Alf started airing in 1986. I watched and taped every episode and rewatched them countless times. I got the DVDs for Christmas a few years back and watching them again after about ten years I was surprised at how well I remembered certain episodes.
I remember my mom going out in a rainstorm to get me a Coleco plush Alf at Kay Bee Toys. I remember getting the Alf puppet from Burger King, the one in the Hawaiian shirt. I remember getting the first issue of the Alf comic and reading it over and over And I remember getting an Alf sleeping bag for Christmas.
Meddle not in the affairs of animatronic beasts for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source
stevieray89
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Post by stevieray89 »

Yeah, this is LuckytheCat, I made the original post and can't remember what my password was. lol. Haven't been on here in 4 years.

I wish I could've remembered ALF's heyday. I think I mentioned this in my OP, I found a comic book from 1988 in my grandpa's basement. The cover had Willie covered in paint thanks to ALF sneezing. I think I know where it is. I think I put it in a drawer somewhere in my room. So as the seasons went on, the ratings got worse?