Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

FINALLY: Clip of ALF being electrocuted in Try To Remember

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

FINALLY: Clip of ALF being electrocuted in Try To Remember

Post by ALFicionado »

Here it is people, what we've all discussed here and everywhere else for what seems like forever. The original broadcast version of Try To Remember, where ALF gets electrocuted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6qeqJc3sgA

You're welcome :)
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Re: FINALLY: Clip of ALF being electrocuted in Try To Rememb

Post by Admin »

Video has been taken down.

I have the entire episode uploaded to this website (w/commercials and extras!) that I converted to mpeg from my own personal tapes - if you want a link just PM me. I have not added the alftv.com watermark yet (which is why I'm not releasing it onto the website)...if I give you the link I just need your assurance that you will not post it anywhere on the Internet (I ask that you use it for personal use only). PM me if you would like the link.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
Bring Back ALF
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by Bring Back ALF »

It's back up! That's awesome thanks for posting.

Don't worry I won't use it on my site just happy to see it as im sure the version we got here in the UK was the edited version.

I love these little Melmac gems :D
"Find out what you don't do well and don't do it!" Gordon Shumway Sept 86

www.instagram.com/bringbackalf/
https://www.facebook.com
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

WOW! Thank you for posting this!!

I love the fact that after all these years of being an ALF fan there is still things out there of ALF I have not seen yet. It makes it more fun for me as it's something to look forward to in the future.
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

Still not working for me...wonder if it's because I'm in the US?
Luke
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Luke »

Clips working for me too (UK). I have a slightly better quality version of the ep from Kyle on a tape somewhere (i wonder what hes upto nowdays). Amazing to think they had to go back and reshoot those scenes a long time later.
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

Does the video have commercials? I'm just wondering if it's the video that I converted... :( hope not...
Luke
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Luke »

Admin wrote:Does the video have commercials? I'm just wondering if it's the video that I converted... :( hope not...
No commercials, its split into parts. It does have an ALF promo at the start for the Tanners hosting saturday morning cartoons, and the ending where ALF tells people not to mix electric and water. I hadn't seen either of those.
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

Luke wrote:Clips working for me too (UK). I have a slightly better quality version of the ep from Kyle on a tape somewhere (i wonder what hes upto nowdays). Amazing to think they had to go back and reshoot those scenes a long time later.
Exactly how long later was it that they taped those replacement scenes?

Luke
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Luke »

AxelFoley wrote:
Luke wrote:Clips working for me too (UK). I have a slightly better quality version of the ep from Kyle on a tape somewhere (i wonder what hes upto nowdays). Amazing to think they had to go back and reshoot those scenes a long time later.
Exactly how long later was it that they taped those replacement scenes?
The original would have been shot very early 86 and they would have probably re-shot very early 87 when doing season 2. So about a year. The new version first aired over Summer 87 just before Season 2 premiered on NBC.
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

thanks axel, this is really cool :D
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel
ted
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: September 22 1986

Post by ted »

maybe someone in a country where it can still be viewed can use keepvid.com to rip it then post it on another video sharing site that is lesser known.

How long is the video? If it is less than 30 seconds, Lionsgate filed a false copyright claim. Under 30 seconds is compliant with US copyright law under the fair use doctrine.

alternative sites to upload are viddler, liveleak, and here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_hosting
luckythecat
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Post by luckythecat »

Shot in very early 86? How do you know when these were taped? Does this mean that season 1 was taped in early 1986, season 2 was taped in early 1987, season 3 was taped in early 1988 and season 4 was taped in early 1989? Well I could be wrong about season 3 because Anne was pregnant and had a baby in 1989.

Screw Lionsgate! If whoever uploaded the video was smart, they would flip the image so it wouldn't be detected as "copyrighted." That's what I do sometimes. I have to see this. This hasn't aired since 1987.
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

luckythecat wrote:Shot in very early 86? How do you know when these were taped? Does this mean that season 1 was taped in early 1986, season 2 was taped in early 1987, season 3 was taped in early 1988 and season 4 was taped in early 1989? Well I could be wrong about season 3 because Anne was pregnant and had a baby in 1989.

Screw Lionsgate! If whoever uploaded the video was smart, they would flip the image so it wouldn't be detected as "copyrighted." That's what I do sometimes. I have to see this. This hasn't aired since 1987.
Still works for me.

luckythecat
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by luckythecat »

Thank you thank you thank you! I laughed so hard when I saw ALF come out of the bathroom after being electrocuted. And I love how it has original broadcast commercials! It took awhile but I downloaded it and maybe I'll burn it on to a personal dvd. It's a lot better quality than I imagined, even for a 23 year old VHS recording. Whoever taped all the episodes when they first aired, especially THIS episode, was VERY smart because who knew that years later they would never be seen originally again? Well on the European dvds they're uncut but the original episode still isn't on there.

In your face, NBC Censors/Lionsgate! lolz. I don't know why they had to censor it. It's not like it was a kids show. I'm sure adults are smart enough to not bring an electric mixer into a bathtub.

I didn't think they completely re-shot the scene when ALF loses his memory. I thought there was just a short shot of ALF walking out of the bathroom with smoking fur then when he got to the living room he was still messed up but his fur wasn't smoking. But there was an electric zap, a flash of light, and he was still all funny-looking as he introduced himself as Wayne Shlegal. Again many thanks and in your face NBC Censors/Lionsgate!
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

It was definitely a kids show, but not only a kids show. Kids watched it, as did adults. ALF was very appealing to kids, which is why we got so much merchandise during its run.

luckythecat
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by luckythecat »

I was like, 10 months old when ALF ended in March 1990 so I obviously have no recollection of watching it, or seeing merchandise in stores. But I did come cross an ALF comic book last year and I think my dad gave my older sister a plush ALF doll when she was little. And I found these "U.S of ALF" fact cards somewhere in the house years back. I bet during the run kids wore t-shirts and bought coloring books and party supplies and everything. What kind of ALF stuff would they sell in stores and what stores would you find it in? Wal-mart maybe? Am I right about t-shirts, coloring books and party favors? My uncle had ALF on his birthday cake one year so I think they also sold an ALF cake decorator.

I would've def. watched it during the original run but I'd probably have to be born in 1976-1977 rather than 1989 to be at least 10 when it first came on. My dad and uncle loved it, lolz. Was it geared more towards boys/men in the 10-50 range? Seems to me like a show men would watch rather than women and I agree. My aunts really didn't like it. Oh and btw I'm a guy. I should probably change my username to something more for a guy.
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

I've seen it unedited before.^^
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

Where and when?

Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

When ALF was on TV4 Komedi a few years ago, they showed the unedited episodes.