Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

ALF trivia questions

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

michel
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1993

ALF trivia questions

Post by michel »

Hello to the ALF board! I'm from Eastern Europe and I'm an ALF fan since 1993. ALF the sitcom was shown here in reruns in the early 90's. The next time they showed it was in 2001. I was in 6-7 grade then so I was able to dig deeper in it. Currently they are showing it again, now they're on the 4th season. I've got three ALF trivia questions:

1. What is the location of the house seen in the episodes? I don't mean the fictional address of the Tanner family, but the house shown on the show. I know that the show was filmed in a studio, but during the episodes you can see a house with white walls and some trees in front of it. It is shown in every episode I think, just like in all other sitcoms. Yet, its location is unknown. I was able to find the locations of the Married with Children house, but there's no trace of the house shown in ALF.I think it's a shame there is so little trivia on the Internet about ALF. I mean ALF is is as good or even better than MwC (I like both, but ALF is my favorite sitcom ever) but there is really little trivia info about the show. Trivia on ALF on the Internet is only related to catch phrases and general info about the character - information that can be retrieved by watching the show itself. I've looked all over the Internet about the ALF house but it seems this is a complete mystery to people. It is not available on those Sitcom houses websites.

2. As far as I remember the Tanners had a car. But what make and model was it? Again no info on the Net. By comparison, trivia sites on Married with Children mentions the make of Al Bundy's car.

3. Why did the script writers make the characters so mean for the 4th season? Was it done so when ALF is taken by the secret forces, the Tanners will save him and reunite and thus they everyone will become a better person? That's the feeling I get by watching the last season. Think about it: In seasons 1-3 everything's fine, the family members usually get well along with each other (except for ALF with Dorothy, Kate and Willy, but still they were not that mean to him or vice versa). Then they get nervous and mean to each other (did the baby make them nervous?). And then ALF is kidnapped. In the season 5 which never happened they realize how much ALF means to them and save him after that they will revert to being as close to each other as in seasons 1-3. I think that was the idea. What do you think? In my opinion season 4 is the worst. In 1-3 they used to get along better and the atmosphere was not as tense. However, it's still a good season. Just not as good as the other three. Currently I saw this happen in some last season episode: Brian shouting at Kate (?!) and Lynn saying she's going to break Brian's teeth while (ouch!).
twangle

Re: ALF trivia questions

Post by twangle »

WOW! SLOW DOWN!
Lucky-ftw
Cat Wrangler

Post by Lucky-ftw »

I think season 4 is better than season 3.
twangle

Post by twangle »

I would just like a season 5
michel
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by michel »

Still no one knows where is the address of the house they show in ALF? :)
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

No clue...
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
Earthling
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: His crash on earth

Post by Earthling »

I believe it was 167 Hemdale.
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

1. It was indeed 167 Hemdale Street.

3. I think that by the end of season 3 writers were just grabbing at straws. They had no idea how to continue the show and (alto season 4 is in my opinion the best) almost every aspect of the show underwent radical changes. Of course in sitcom history Kate was pregnant, Brian was entering puberty, while Willie was pretty much fed up.
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !
michel
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by michel »

Guys, I'm not talking about the address, but the address of the real house shown during the show:
ImageImage
^Where is that house situated?

P.S. I still think that in Season 4 Kate became meaner to ALF. Brian and Lynn also became a lot more bratty, while in seasons 1-3 they were cool and easy-going. It seems that the pressure on stage was too much for the actors to cope, so they started behaving like brats in front of the camera? I don't remember as many family rows in seasons 1-3 as there were in season 4.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

I don't think they ad-libbed their behaviour, they were following the script, that's how they were written. You can't change the whole attitude of a character just because the actor is in a bad mood. The shooting hours were already a pain in the neck, the extra time for script changes would be impossible.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
no problem
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: the begining

Post by no problem »

in later seasons i think the car was a olds wagon in the first season i think the car was a chevy capice or a impala but not real sure have to watch it again.
ALFreak
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: ALF landed on earth

Post by ALFreak »

I must agree that the Tanners were alot more mean-spirited in Season 4. I don't think it was the actors fault, however, as their job was to follow the script, as ALFicionado said above. Their rude behavior would've made sense, however, had there been a 5th season, as it would've shown them getting fed up with ALF, only to discover how different their live are without him (as he would've been situated in the Military Base).

Sorry about going off-topic here, by the way. :?
Oh Yeah? Well, You're a Wienier!
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

yeah,I have notice the tanners were more ill-tempered in season 4 too, but really who can blame them, the long tedious filming schedule was really starting to talk it's toll on them. plus I think the script writing were going on since it as been almost 4 years since ALF as been with the tanners, they are plain fed with his antics and constantly causing trouble.
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!