Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Come on admit it. No reason to be ashamed

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Re: Come on admit it. No reason to be ashamed

Post by ALFsince86 »

The one where Willie and ALF are on a train and ALF says "I miss my planet" really chokes me up. My congenital heart condition has become more complicated with age and there are a lot of things I can't do anymore and things other people take for granted--like going out to a meal--I hope I will be up to doing on any particular day. When ALF said "I miss my planet" my emotions said "I miss my way of life. I miss the things I used to be able to do", so that's why it choked me up.

Of course even non-ALF fans are choked up by the Christmas Special. My sister, for example, tears up when she sees the single tear in ALF's eye because, in her words "he's usually so happy".
Alflover24/7
Asteroid Polisher
ALF Fan Since: I was born

Post by Alflover24/7 »

ALFan wrote:Would ALF's Special Christmas be one of them?
That was sad :cry:
He's quick I'll give him that!
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

yeah, the one with willie and alf on the train always gets me teary eyed, along with the final episode. and of course the alf's christtmas special, my god, I literally can't watch that without bailing in tears.
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
Alflover24/7
Asteroid Polisher
ALF Fan Since: I was born

Post by Alflover24/7 »

Ninjadragon5 wrote:yeah, the one with willie and alf on the train always gets me teary eyed, along with the final episode. and of course the alf's christtmas special, my god, I literally can't watch that without bailing in tears.
+1 :cry:
He's quick I'll give him that!
Suburban_Sensei
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1991

Post by Suburban_Sensei »

I know when he says "I miss my planet", it never got me before, but it has lately. I moved away from home, after living there all my life, and I must say sometimes I feel like an alien in a new land, since the place I live now is so different than my hometown. It's a big city, and I am used to humble, slow living. So, I guess what i'm trying to say is that, I can relate to the old Alfer in this episode. On a side note another great line from that episode..."LOOSE KANGAROO!"
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

yeah, I can relate too when Alf says "I miss my planet". I just recently moved myself and the place I have moved too is very different from what I'm used too, my move was kind of the opposite, I went from living close to a city to more further out in the country and in many ways I miss my old home.
Suburban_Sensei
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1991

Post by Suburban_Sensei »

I'll admit, big-city life does have some advantages. I live less than 2 minutes down the road from a huge 2-story mall, with a movie theater, restaurants, etc., and there are things to do all the time. I guess the biggest downfall of it all is traffic, and how crowded places can be at any given time. It's interesting how what it really boils down to is that we are used to something, and when it suddenly changes, it's hard but we learn to roll with the punches. In that respect we all can relate to ALF, whether it's moving to a different place (like Ninjadragon and I), or it really could apply to anything else in life.
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

so very true about city life,upside that you close to everything and good places to go shopping, the downside is the amount of noise you have to deal with. (one the reasons I moved in the first place) also very true that the simply fact is things in life are going to change a lot whether better or for worse and there not much to do but to just roll with the punches. so yeah, I think we all can relate to Alf in that sense.